I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

No. What DSP meant is that when you enter they consider you a tourist but what they technically issue is a "transitory residency" valid for 90 days. Previously they would put a stamp in your passport that said "90 days", now you just get an email. Those 90 days are your "transitory residence". You don't apply for it as such (unlike the ""temporary residency categories)--your application for the "transitory residence" is simply the act of physically presenting yourself at the immigration country with your passport to enter the country after getting off the plane.

During your 90 days of "transitory residency", you can apply for a 12-month "temporary residency", if you fit into any of the categories of "temporary residence" (e.g., the rentista category, but there are various others). To obtain a temporary residencty, you have to formally apply according to a set process and provide the documentation your category (e.g., rentista) requires. If you are successful, they issue you a 12-month "temporary residency". After 12-months you can apply to renew it. After another 12-months you can apply to renew it again. At that point you will also have been here long enough (2 years, 24 months) to apply for "citizenship" (an entirely separate category and process to "residency"). You can also, at that point, apply for third year of your "temporary residency" and at the conclusion of that third year of "temporary residency" will now be qualified to (separately to any citizenship application process you may have commenced at the 2-year mark), apply for "permanent residency."
ditto.
Tom, if you really want to stay here apply under the rentista, the monthly amount is till 30k? It's a joke if so. Set up some non revocable trust fund to pay you out 30.000 a month for a year. Mind you that threshold will likely be updated soon if not already, I have not check maybe my info is outdated. Might be a good idea to consult a attorney they seem to charge ~100 bucks for a consultation I think. They can offer you options. Don't get any legal advice from an online forum :0

Rentista visa/residence is a one of the categories of Temporary residence. While you are here as a tourist or digital nomad (visa) you are admitted under "Transitory" residence. Transitory does not count toward permanent residence for Migraciones. You need 3 years of temporary to get permanent. Of course after 2 years of temporary you can just apply for citizenship directly...
No, no, no and no.
The NC only recognize inhabitants who have the same rights than citizens for changing the address to Argentina. This is why is not not good to say you are a tourist when you are living here.

ditto.
Tom, if you really want to stay here apply under the rentista, the monthly amount is till 30k? It's a joke if so. Set up some non revocable trust fund to pay you out 30.000 a month for a year. Mind you that threshold will likely be updated soon if not already, I have not check maybe my info is outdated. Might be a good idea to consult a attorney they seem to charge ~100 bucks for a consultation I think. They can offer you options. Don't get any legal advice from an online forum :0
You are a blessing and I do have a non revocable trust. It will help my case. Thanks for the info.

Back