Ice Hockey in BA?? I know...

Hi A&A!
I found this list that can be helpful:

My Way
Dirección: Av. Cabildo 20, Belgrano (Capital Federal)
Tel.: 4773-0236/4771-7690
Horarios: Lun a Jue de 10 a 24hs. Vie de 10 a 3hs.
Sab de 12 a 5hs. Dom 12 a 24hs.
www.myway-online.com.ar The Ice Planet Avellaneda
Dirección: Avenida Hipólito Yrigoyen 1475, Avellaneda.
Tel.: 4115-1174
Horarios: Lun a Jue de 14 a 22hs. Vie y Sab de 14 a 4hs. Dom 14 a 22hs.
www.theiceplanet.com.ar/ave/homeave.php The Ice Planet Flores
Dirección: Avenida Rivadavia 7431, Flores (Capital Federal)
Tel.: 4611-9218
Horarios: Vie de 21 a 4hs. Sab de 14 a 4hs. Dom 14 a 21hs.
www.theiceplanet.com.ar Winter
Dirección: Yerbal 1617, Caballito (Capital Federal)
Tel.: 4631-7883/4632-7916
Horarios: Lun, Mar y Mier de 12 a 20hs. Jue de 12 a 22hs.
Vie y Sab de 12 a 4hs. Dom 12 a 21hs.
www.winterweb.com.ar Iceland
Dirección: Quevedo y J.P. Varela, alt. Beiro 4800, Shopping Devoto, Capital Federal Tel.: 4019-6302/4019-6303
Horarios: Lun a Jue de 10 a 24hs. Vie y Sab de 10 a 2hs. Dom 10 a 24hs.
www.ice-land.com.ar

Reactions: A&A
Delfina: incredible work!!! thanks.

Yeah, Ice Planet Flores was the one I checked out. I think they have an Sunday night Rec League (3v3), but well the rink was....not great....

I am back in the States for now, but I may do some research about the San Isidro place. There is a place near my house where they put an ice rink on the roof, so I may do some research into their "refrigeration" and coolant systems. Might be possible to do a few months ice in dead of winter (doesn't have to be below 32F). Then I can put a league together and go from there...

Any other tips, ideas or interest please let me know.

Unfortunately, the rink in Flores is the best you will find (and biggest).
There used to be a couple good rinks, with good ice, but they became impossible to maintain.

I suggest you either just play street hockey in Rosedal or join us at Perú Beach for the "national league"... well, at least we are official, and recognized by the International Assoc. and are eligible to play the World Cup. But the general feeling is pretty relaxed. Training sessions are once a week at night and afternoon games during the weekend. There is an A and a B division. Compared to US intramural, this is even more relaxed.

If you decide to organize a 3v3 thing on ice, count me in. I play goalie, and gave up on ice hockey due to the lack of descent rinks.

cheers

Reactions: A&A
I've got my hockey stuff with me as well - looking for an opportunity to just skate and play. Don't care if its in a real rink or not.

Gshah, wow you brought your stuff and everything. Very ambitious. I am back in the States but plan on returning in March, April 2010. While I was in BA a few weeks ago I ventured out to the rink in Flores (The light blue subway line (A?) then a "colectivo". Certainly a trip from where I was staying in Barrio Norte.

The rink was...welll..tiny and a bit tired. Probably about the size of "half an offensive zone" on a standard North American rink. They apparently have a league that plays Sunday nights, 3 v. 3. My suggestion would be to go check it out on Sunday night..but check the transportation situation for the way back.

Me, I think the roller situation in San Isidro/Peru Beach looks a bit more promising, so that will likely be the route I go. I have not been on roller blades in eons.... If you find anything else out please let me know. Ice Hockey is probably gonna be the single biggest thing I am going to miss...

Also, NHL games you can get through NHL.com streaming video, supposedly in S. America and they are offering a deal through Oct. 31st. $159 for the season, for all out of market games....and you are way out of market....check it out if you need a fix.

Good luck.

I played at Peru Beach on Monday - I had a practice with a team and a Brazilian coach. There are two leagues - the A and B. The team I was with was in the B league. They were fantastic skaters. Way better than C league skaters in Chicago and as good as B league skaters in Chicago. Their hockey skills are good, not as good as their skating. I was really impressed. Maybe I'm just a lousy skater. I'm a good C player in Chicago, but I was probably the worst guy out there here.

The coach had the hardest shot I've seen. He plays at the International level for Brazil.

Back