If dollarization eliminates the peso, it’s unconstitutional

MilHojas

Registered
Seriously, do you think Milei has any regard for the constitution? Look at his comments and think about it. From all the things he has promised/threatened to do, he seems to think that the President is an absolute monarch.

According to this article this gold coin is still legal tender and constitutional and could be the legal basis for a
"dollarization"

According to this article this gold coin is still legal tender and constitutional and could be the legal basis for a
"dollarization"
Hmmm
90% pure and 8 grams is what I'm seeing. Just a touch over 1/4 troy ounce (31.1g)
Kitco is showing Gold at ~$1850 per ounce or $59.50 per gram so roughly call it a bullion value of around 432 USD at 90%

Of course, I would stress that this is bullion value only. Numismatic value will be entirely different.

AS a very rough approximation, Kitco is selling gold British sovereigns at 541 USD
those are 7.988 grams, with a fineness of .9167
(though only with something as precious as Gold would we be quoting numbers three places to the right of the decimal point)

Last edited:
Hmmm
90% pure and 8 grams is what I'm seeing. Just a touch over 1/4 troy ounce (31.1g)
Kitco is showing Gold at ~$1850 per ounce or $59.50 per gram so roughly call it a bullion value of around 432 USD at 90%

Of course, I would stress that this is bullion value only. Numismatic value will be entirely different.

AS a very rough approximation, Kitco is selling gold British sovereigns at 541 USD
those are 7.988 grams, with a fineness of .9167
(though only with something as precious as Gold would we be quoting numbers three places to the right of the decimal point)
These are widely available for at or slightly above the spot price of gold and have no added numismatic value.

These are widely available for at or slightly above the spot price of gold and have no added numismatic value.

Do you mean locally available?
I didn't see any at Kitco
For the record, I don't know jack about numismatics.

"dollarization"
There was a court case recently where there plaintiff sued for breach of contract or something similar (if I'm remembering correctly) and demanded damages for the variation of when the contract was signed and today, and the Argentine Gold price was used since the plaintiff would have taken a bath had it been in pesos to account for inflation. I can't remember all the details, but there's always a creative way around these things.

Back