If the economy gets real bad will people turn on expats ?

While nobody likes to pay more for the same stuff, I can assure non believes that whatever the prices are here for food, prices in the US for the same or equivalent would make their head spin.
Yeah but Argentines don't know or care about that.

The formula is (1.01^365 - 1)*100, which is about 3700%, which could imply that this time around next year 1 USD could be worth 40000 ARS. Imagine that the highest denomination note stays 2000 pesos, then you could pay with the equivalent of 5 pennies. Cash counting machines may be a booming business in Argentina!
Two years ago, very few arbolitos had them. Now they all do. It's become a necessity.

Do not worry. He is fixed the price of some beef cuts so everyone can eat well during the holidays. Common populist technique to keep the people happy.

The Government agrees on prices with the 4 Supermarket chains . The chains supply only 30 % of the consumption. The Chino and other corner stores are free to speculate..!

Yesterday the electrician said wires went up 200%, that he needs 200 mts of 10.mm wire and that it means 2.5 million pesos instead of 1. He sent me a link at ML. 3 doritos later I found the wire at 1/3 that price and they told me I need maximum 60 metros instead of 200 and instead of 2.5 million I solved for 500.000 labour included.
The same day at the corralon quoted 28.000 for the 30 kg bag of Klaukol porcelanato and 45.000 for the esquineros of steel that were 25.000 one week ago.
Today morning I found the factory and I went to quilmes and I bought the 5 esquineros for 50.000.
Later I bought at Easy the Klaukol for 14.000 pesos and I paid in 3 installments without interest.
It is full of chantas.

Why is canned tuna so expensive here? Do Argentines just not buy it so the price doesn't matter? Anytime an Argentine has seen me eating canned tuna they make a comment along the lines of "isnt that only for cats?" I can't even bring myself to buy it when 3 juicy steaks from the butcher are the same price but then I have to cook them sometimes I just want to dump the food ready out the can on some bread with Mayo and eat it no fuss

Will this post be interesting enough to be copied over to the new forum

Why is canned tuna so expensive here? Do Argentines just not buy it so the price doesn't matter? Anytime an Argentine has seen me eating canned tuna they make a comment along the lines of "isnt that only for cats?" I can't even bring myself to buy it when 3 juicy steaks from the butcher are the same price but then I have to cook them sometimes I just want to dump the food ready out the can on some bread with Mayo and eat it no fuss

Will this post be interesting enough to be copied over to the new forum
It's not just expensive, it's lower quality than stateside. I have yet to see anything here to match the quality of premium brands in the USA.

There's also a general, world-wide decline in the quality of tuna now that the Bluefin have been so badly over-fished, but that's another topic entirely, I suppose.

Yesterday the electrician said wires went up 200%, that he needs 200 mts of 10.mm wire and that it means 2.5 million pesos instead of 1. He sent me a link at ML. 3 doritos later I found the wire at 1/3 that price and they told me I need maximum 60 metros instead of 200 and instead of 2.5 million I solved for 500.000 labour included.
The same day at the corralon quoted 28.000 for the 30 kg bag of Klaukol porcelanato and 45.000 for the esquineros of steel that were 25.000 one week ago.
Today morning I found the factory and I went to quilmes and I bought the 5 esquineros for 50.000.
Later I bought at Easy the Klaukol for 14.000 pesos and I paid in 3 installments without interest.
It is full of chantas.
Viveza Criolla

It's not just expensive, it's lower quality than stateside. I have yet to see anything here to match the quality of premium brands in the USA.

There's also a general, world-wide decline in the quality of tuna now that the Bluefin have been so badly over-fished, but that's another topic entirely, I suppose.

True I haven't had a tuna sandwhich in all my years here that tastes as good as back home oh well. A juicy salami is like $2 compared to $8 so that makes up for it apart from all the extra calories and less vitamins

What is the impact of increased meat prices on incoming tourism.?

Tourists from neighbouring countries plus US and EU, when interviewed on Calle Corrientes , express that electronics and clothing are not competitive. The Main attraction is the hotel/Resto industry and the superstar is the Parrilla..! Withspread Don Julio steak prices will curtail sharply the tourist flow.

Back