If You Are A Brit, Clap Your Hands!

Girino

Registered
What is the secret behind the Brits cold temper? I so wish I was raised by English parents, instead of having this very Latin snappy attitude that keeps getting me into trouble.
Is there a sort of coaching to learn to keep your temper?

Thanks in advance to all the Brits that will chime in.

The rain and cloud, the Roman, Viking and Norman invasions, the feudal social structure, the Church - all these played a part. So yeah, stand under a shower for a few months, get painted with woad ....

I am sure they have their share of bozos and lowlifes, but overall I am always in shock when I read/hear their polite answers and understatements even in the most irritating situations.
I can hardly keep my mouth shout (this might be because I am woman, though) but I am also very easily caught up emotionally in the most annoying situations (which weren't few in Italy, to be honest).

Just the fact of having a person paced like a tortoise in front of me makes me wanna scream "C'mon, do you really have the WHOLE day to wast wandering like this?!", instead I keep it into my head, but nevertheless ruin those 5 minutes of my day.

I'm not a Brit, but I've spent time in their lands. I'm going to guess you've never been in a pub. Certainly you've never been to a football match.

The Brits may have invented soccer violence, but they have at least gotten their barras under control.

"I so wish I was raised by English parents..."
Let me translate that for you: you wish you were raised by white, upper class, public school educated English parents or by characters from a Victorian novel. It's the only context in which your stereotypes make the slightest sense, and it's not a very common one in today's Britain.

I know a well respected forum member that was very poorly treated by the Brits - I think he may have even been imprisoned. They called him Red.

So many non-Brits here, and yet another thread has gone rotten!

4 name changes in 6 months, I hope this one will last. There is a solid reason behind each change, though.

Back