Im new!

Hello Kate!! Welcome!!
Are you taking a course in BA? We are 2 weeks into our 4 week course. It is kicking out butts!! But it is fun. Where are you from?

Kelly :)

Then I suggest Wednesday next week at Wherever Bar (rather unoriginal, isn't it :)) at 8pm. Steve: we'll do someting after easter too. To me it's not about either/or, but about and :) Why can't I have my cake and eat it too? ;-)

Truls

OK by me :) ANd Steve can come the week after to the parilla too :) (Fri - 9th - See other posts)

yes I will try to get to the asado...... I will write Howard in a few days to make sure and RSVP....!!! Ok I cant make the happy hour the 31st...... but I am thirsty and I do need to have a drink with you guys(Liam , Truls).. or anyone else.....
well see you soon with a drink in your hand!!!! cheers

JoeKelly711 said:
Hello Kate!! Welcome!!
Are you taking a course in BA? We are 2 weeks into our 4 week course. It is kicking out butts!! But it is fun. Where are you from?

Kelly :)

Hi Kelly im from England - Birmingham. Here for a year, not doing a course, just teaching English :) really wna learn spanish though.
Where you living?

I cant make wednesday guys, but we'r happy to meet for a drink and stuff any other time. So do you guys meet up regular and stuff? where do you meet etc, cuz dont you all live different places?

There have been some regularity to the meetups even though we have just been here about a month. This last month it seems like the majority of the meetups have been in the Palermo barrio. Whether this is the trend or not, I can not answer on. Maybe Howard, Steve or Liam knows more. They've been around for a while :)

Truls

kate123 said:
Hi Kelly im from England - Birmingham. Here for a year, not doing a course, just teaching English :) really wna learn spanish though.
Where you living?

We are in Recoleta near the cemetery. We just booked a flat for 6 months and hoping to get jobs soon to pay for it.
Silly fact... did you know there is a Birmingham Alabama in the US? We probably have a lot of city names in common though.

You know, you could probably trade English lessons for Spanish ones. My boyfriend learned Spanish in college so I am learning a little from him. It is beneficial to learn Spanish in a country that speaks the language.

Well, good luck love! I'm sure I will see you on this site again!
And, maybe when my schedule gets a little lighter (after school) then we can meet and chill. I miss having time with the girls. :)

kelly :)

kate123 said:
I cant make wednesday guys, but we'r happy to meet for a drink and stuff any other time. So do you guys meet up regular and stuff? where do you meet etc, cuz dont you all live different places?

Shame you cant make Wednesday. Yep, meets take place a fair bit, different groups, different ages, different wants etc... As we live all over the place they can be anywhere, but Palermo area seems a common ground for most. Its a pain for me as I live south of the city, actually outside the boundaries, and San Telmo is much better for me, I can be there in 20 minutes, takes a lot longer to get to Palermo. But you go with the flow....

See you at one of them soon - I will be in The Gibraltar in San Telmo tonight (Sunday) from 6 pm if you are around that part of town.....

Back