Imagine Buenos Aires In 2030

My point.

Your head.

it seems that you can argue intelligibly and resort to attacks of my person, you have nothing to say hence im not taking the time to acknowledge you or your remarks from now on.
Also who ever is reading this take note to the manor in which Cavehill asserts his convictions.

it seems that you can argue intelligibly and resort to attacks of my person, you have nothing to say hence im not taking the time to acknowledge you or your remarks from now on.
Also who ever is reading this take note to the manor in which Cavehill asserts his convictions.

Are we bonding here? It feels like we're bonding.

To the manor born harrumph harrumphh!! More scotch please! ZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

no, it was 30 % from one time and the rest it is less then 1%. secondly germany is the coutnry where electricty is from the highest in the modern world thanks to the non energy non-sense

If you make these claims, why don't you enlighten us from which source you have your information:
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/en/downloads-englisch/pdf-files-englisch/data-nivc-/electricity-production-from-solar-and-wind-in-germany-2014.pdf

What you are referring to in the second sentence is unclear to me as I don't understand the whole sentence.

This article from Spiegel shows how expensive and inefficient solar power can be.

Germany's Energy Poverty: How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

"Today, more than 300,000 households a year are seeing their power shut off because of unpaid bills. Caritas and other charity groups call it "energy poverty."

"It is only gradually becoming apparent how the renewable energy subsidies redistribute money from the poor to the more affluent, like when someone living in small rental apartment subsidizes a homeowner's roof-mounted solar panels through his electricity bill. "

"
Germany's renewable energy policy is particularly unfair with respect to the economy. About 2,300 businesses have managed to largely exempt themselves from the green energy surcharge by claiming, often with little justification, that they face tough international competition. Companies with less lobbying power, however, are required to pay the surcharge."

How do you draw the conclusion that the linked article supports your claim that solar energy is expensive and inefficient? The only difference to the time before was a newly introduced tax for supporting/financing the energy change. If you have a normal 4person household using 4000 KWh per year, this sums up to 250 EUR per year or about 20 EUR per month; pretty sure this is not an amount which drives people into poverty due to the evil solar panels... And the figures are the current ones with the highest rate, as the tax will be reduced next year.

How do you draw the conclusion that the linked article supports your claim that solar energy is expensive and inefficient? The only difference to the time before was a newly introduced tax for supporting/financing the energy change. If you have a normal 4person household using 4000 KWh per year, this sums up to 250 EUR per year or about 20 EUR per month; pretty sure this is not an amount which drives people into poverty due to the evil solar panels... And the figures are the current ones with the highest rate, as the tax will be reduced next year.

from the article:

"This year, German consumers will be forced to pay €20 billion ($26 billion) for electricity from solar, wind and biogas plants -- electricity with a market price of just over €3 billion. Even the figure of €20 billion is disputable if you include all the unintended costs and collateral damage associated with the project. "

If the article is correct, paying 20 billion Euros for something that has a normal market price of 3 billion euros seems pretty expensive and inefficient to me.

from the article:

"This year, German consumers will be forced to pay €20 billion ($26 billion) for electricity from solar, wind and biogas plants -- electricity with a market price of just over €3 billion. Even the figure of €20 billion is disputable if you include all the unintended costs and collateral damage associated with the project. "

If the article is correct, paying 20 billion Euros for something that has a normal market price of 3 billion euros seems pretty expensive and inefficient to me.

It'd be interesting to see how that number was calculated. Electricity production, by any means, is characterized by a massive initial cost and much smaller ongoing costs.

The cost per unit of subsidizing the construction of new power plants can't be directly compared the cost of producing power from existing facilities.

If you compare the price required to produce 1kwh and then look at the final price, you will obviously see a huge surcharge; but it's a stupid comparison as the final consumer price contains costs for the network, margin for the energy companies, electricity tax, VAT, ... - all of which have been around before solar panels have been used.
Besides that: your whole argument doesn't make sense as you cannot argue from a market price to the efficiency of an energy production form. It's like you are saying producing cigarettes out of tabacco is inefficient because the price for a pack is so high...

Back