Immigraciones opens

Thanks I could never get this app or the cuidar app to work for me.
You're welcome, Cuidar is still a step too far, I tried inputting the ID manually, with the "numero de tramite" and it doesn't work for me :-(

Cuidar worked for me for a very brief interval between the DNI being produced and trackable in Correos, and being sent to Av. Jujuy when it wasn't delivered. Outside that time, nothing.

A note of warning if your visa application requires the Social Security Benefits letter from the US Embassy Argentina. Around the 10th of October the Embassy sent out said letter by e-mail to people who had requested it. Some people have received the letter with a letter head of "Oficinas de Beneficios Federales Americanos" Check the letter you receive for the Embassy stationary letter head.. The Cancilleria, for purposes of legalization of the document , is turning away the letters with "Oficinas de Beneficios Federales Americanos" letter head. They want the US Embassy letter head. Further to get the correct Benefits letter ask the US Embassy Argentina for an embassy appointment to pick up the letter.

A friend uploaded everything to Radex in order to renew his residency, but then never got the emails with the payment info. And no, they are not in his spam.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a solution other than emailing migraciones? Can you even get into migraciones to talk to someone in informes?

A friend uploaded everything to Radex in order to renew his residency, but then never got the emails with the payment info. And no, they are not in his spam.
Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a solution other than emailing migraciones? Can you even get into migraciones to talk to someone in informes?
This page may be helpful to your friend: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ It offers a page with selections for information entry to register problems and get a reply.

Does anyone know from what point in time is the 3 years residency requirement for non-Mercosur citizens counted?

I expected to be able to apply for permanent residency here since I've had 3 one-year unbroken temporary residencies, but no, Migraciones say I don't meet the requirements ("Likewise, you are informed that you do not have the three years of continuous temporary residence established by the current regulations to access the change of category due to the passage of time, which is why this process will be reframed as an extension of stay").

Does anyone know from what point in time is the 3 years residency requirement for non-Mercosur citizens counted?

I expected to be able to apply for permanent residency here since I've had 3 one-year unbroken temporary residencies, but no, Migraciones say I don't meet the requirements ("Likewise, you are informed that you do not have the three years of continuous temporary residence established by the current regulations to access the change of category due to the passage of time, which is why this process will be reframed as an extension of stay").
Hey Frank -- I have the exact same issue! I have asked around I have been given different responses. Some say it's from the day you entered -- "entrada al a pais" as it shows up on the DNI. However, the most narrow view is that it's from the day of your first radicacion (the day you were issued the residency the first year) counting 3 years from that date...and you can apply 60 days before that date.

Hey Frank -- I have the exact same issue! I have asked around I have been given different responses. Some say it's from the day you entered -- "entrada al a pais" as it shows up on the DNI. However, the most narrow view is that it's from the day of your first radicacion (the day you were issued the residency the first year) counting 3 years from that date...and you can apply 60 days before that date.
I'm worried that they want to apply the narrow view... especially as they took 10 months to process my initial application, and that's my "fecha de radicacion". I wrote to Migraciones on the page Artisans gave a few posts up, so if I get an answer I'll report back.

I'm worried that they want to apply the narrow view... especially as they took 10 months to process my initial application, and that's my "fecha de radicacion". I wrote to Migraciones on the page Artisans gave a few posts up, so if I get an answer I'll report back.
Did you renovate your Residency for 3x1 years? Or just 2x1 years? If you have done just 2 it would be hard to argue with them -- Migraciones.

Did you renovate your Residency for 3x1 years? Or just 2x1 years? If you have done just 2 it would be hard to argue with them -- Migraciones.
I've done the original application for temporary residency, plus 2x1 years renewal of the temporary residency, so I've been here 3 years now. This time around would be the 3rd renewal, and I thought I could go for the permanent residency now.

Back