Immigraciones opens

What is the validity of the Argentina antecedentes penales to be used before Migraciones? I did one months ago when I got my precaria but I've had a long wait for my appointment and I'm wondering if its still valid.

What is the validity of the Argentina antecedentes penales to be used before Migraciones? I did one months ago when I got my precaria but I've had a long wait for my appointment and I'm wondering if its still valid.
90 days? If you are doing a tramite normal -- not preferencial -- you don't need the antecedentes penales. It's incorporated into Radex.

30 days. If you are doing a tramite normal -- not preferencial -- you don't need the antecedentes penales. It's incorporated into Radex.
Exactly, I believe you pay for the antecedentes, and Migraciones takes care of getting the certificate.

Now I'm even more confused, so I paid and did it at Registro Nacional de Reincidencia around August and uploaded it in Radex when I got my precaria. But I guess due to covid delay they gave me a December appointment for immigration. So do I have to do another antecedentes penales or is that one still valid?

I just tried to book a new turno to get it done just in case I need a new one but there are no dates available in November or December at Tucuman 1357, where I did it before.

Now I'm even more confused, so I paid and did it at Registro Nacional de Reincidencia around August and uploaded it in Radex when I got my precaria. But I guess due to covid delay they gave me a December appointment for immigration. So do I have to do another antecedentes penales or is that one still valid?

I just tried to book a new turno to get it done just in case I need a new one but there are no dates available in November or December at Tucuman 1357, where I did it before.

Why do you need it? You only need to BRING it for your interview if you are doing a "cita preferencial" otherwise it's incorporated into the tramite.

Why do you need it? You only need to BRING it for your interview if you are doing a "cita preferencial" otherwise it's incorporated into the tramite.

So then its good beyond 90 days? Because I did it in August, and my immigration appt is in December. And yes, I did a cita preferencial.

Just a note on this: when I did my RADEX in December 2018 the website said the antecedents penales was incorporated in the tramite, which I took to clearly mean that whilst I had to pay for it, I did not have to obtain it myself and bring it to the interview. Of course, when I turned up, with all the paperwork other than the antecedentes, the girl treated me like an idiot and would hear nothing of my protestations about what the website was saying. She sent me away to get it (which fortunately I was able to do same-day and bring it back in time).

So then its good beyond 90 days? Because I did it in August, and my immigration appt is in December. And yes, I did a cita preferencial.
Hmmm...this is a tricky one. On one hand Migraciones have stopped offering citas preferenciales -- not sure they even honor the ones they have given out (might ask for a refund:). Additionally, technically the plazos administrativos have been suspended so as baja loves to say "it's as if time has frozen:)".
If you have a DNI, and that certificado was issued with your DNI number you can do it online without even going to the office of RNR. Otherwise you'd have to go I guess.
I wound't worry about it. If you cannot get a new one for your cita in December, just bring the one you have. Might work. Worse case scenario they will ask you to upload it in Radex when you get it. They will give you 90 days to do that (you won't have to go again to migraciones).
Advice: if you have a DNI and the pervious certificado was issued with that number on it (not your passport num) you can do everything online. Alternatively, you can just go to ANY other RNR office to get a new one. Doesn't have to be the one in downtown. See where there they free slots.

Just a note on this: when I did my RADEX in December 2018 the website said the antecedents penales was incorporated in the tramite, which I took to clearly mean that whilst I had to pay for it, I did not have to obtain it myself and bring it to the interview. Of course, when I turned up, with all the paperwork other than the antecedentes, the girl treated me like an idiot and would hear nothing of my protestations about what the website was saying. She sent me away to get it (which fortunately I was able to do same-day and bring it back in time).

I also applied for the first time in December 2018. It was exactly in December that they were transitioning from the old system to Radex, so everything was a mess. Some people were under the old system and some under the new one. Same thing happened to me -- did not bring the antecedentes and the snappy girl (maybe we had the same one) gave me 10 days to bring them. Since it was right before Christmas obviously this was impossible so when the 10 days expired I just got another email reminder and 20 more days. Eventually I just went after a month.

If you are doing a "cita preferencial" you ALWAYS have to bring the antecedentes with you. Back then they would give you an "intimacion" and ask you to physically bring all missing docs. These days with the proliferation of TAD -- tramite a distancia -- and electronic verification, most documents, including the antecedentes can be uploaded under autogestion in Radex and no need to go back.

You do realize that the precaria is renewed automatically by the system right? Your handlers don’t have to move their finger nor request nothing. What exactly are you applying for if I my ask? It seems like an awful lot of time that your case has not been resolved which is very strange for non-Mercosur cases. Mercosur are stuck for many months but non-Mercosur are usually resolved quickly.
Have no idea who your handlers are but hope they are not wasting your time.
i have always understood talking to them that i needed to be in the country when they asked for the renewal. which led me to believe some steps have to happen in order to receive it. but if not, so be it, but it doesn't impact me anyway since i don't have to do anything except wait for them to give it to me.

as for my renewal case, the excuses i was given first was the new migrations system, then, questions about my salary, then who knows since then.

Back