Immigraciones opens

So then its good beyond 90 days? Because I did it in August, and my immigration appt is in December. And yes, I did a cita preferencial.
It is good for 6 months. As of the beginning of 2019 you just pay for it after applying through Radex and they do it right there in migraciones. They will most probably do it anyway during your cita. The issue might arise if it takes longer than 6 months for them to process your paperwork AFTER the cita - they will then email you requesting you get a new one on your wn. Happened to someone on this forum this year - he had a cita in August 2019, but they didn't get to deal with it till February 2020, at which point they contacted him requesting he brings a fresh one...

i have always understood talking to them that i needed to be in the country when they asked for the renewal. which led me to believe some steps have to happen in order to receive it. but if not, so be it, but it doesn't impact me anyway since i don't have to do anything except wait for them to give it to me.

as for my renewal case, the excuses i was given first was the new migrations system, then, questions about my salary, then who knows since then.
It’s your business and I do not know details on the case, but being on a precaria is a lost time. That time doesn’t count toward anything. You are not “real” resident and under the law this time cannot be counted toward permanent residence or citizenship. So if you care for any of those get new handlers that know what they are doing. If you are happy with the current situation that’s fine too. Whatever makes you happy, it’s your money.

It’s your business and I do not know details on the case, but being on a precaria is a lost time. That time doesn’t count toward anything. You are not “real” resident and under the law this time cannot be counted toward permanent residence or citizenship. So if you care for any of those get new handlers that know what they are doing. If you are happy with the current situation that’s fine too. Whatever makes you happy, it’s your money.
I'm here for work. not permanent residence or citizenship :)

Another (last?) 30 days extension of residencies/entry stamps. Thru 18 December. An important change was made to the current extension. Namely, the "intimaciones" will be restarted after Nov 29. This signals the likely end of the suspension of the "administrative deadlines" as early as this month. Still, it's possible there is one more extension in the box.

Same thing happened to me -- did not bring the antecedentes and the snappy girl (maybe we had the same one) gave me 10 days to bring them.
It was Crystal, the overweight punk. The funny part was, when I returned just in time prior to the 2pm close that same day, breathless and sweaty in the December heat, with the freshly-minted antecedents penales, she changed her demeanor completely and seemed genuinely delighted that I had miraculously pulled off the task she had set me four hours earlier. She then looked at my papers again and seemed pleased to discover we lived in the same neighborhood. Ahhh, the mind games they play.

It was my second encounter with Crystal. At the first, couple of months earlier, with a friend I sat patiently with ticket number 32 in my hand while she repeated summoned number 31. The lucky owner of 31 never responded, probably because Crystal was barely making any effort to make her voice heard from behind the glass partition. After about the 10th unanswered call, I was just at the point of presenting myself as a willing substitute for 31 to keep things moving, when her colleague at the next desk called out number 32. So we approached him instead and presented ticket 32. But, for whatever reason, he decided he couldn't attend us and so, since Crystal was unoccupied due to 31´s no-show, he passed us on to her. We sat down in front of her and she hissed at us: Are you deaf? I was calling you for ages!

Last edited:
It was Crystal, the overweight punk. The funny part was, when I returned just in time prior to the 2pm close that same day, breathless and sweaty in the December heat, with the freshly-minted antecedents penales, she changed her demeanor completely and seemed genuinely delighted that I had miraculously pulled off the task she had set me four hours earlier. She then looked at my papers again and seemed pleased to discover we lived in the same neighborhood. Ahhh, the mind games they play.

It was my second encounter with Crystal. At the first, couple of months earlier, with a friend I sat patiently with ticket number 32 in my hand while she repeated summoned number 31. The lucky owner of 31 never responded, probably because Crystal was barely making any effort to make her voice heard from behind the glass partition. After about the 10th unanswered call, I was just at the point of presenting myself as a willing substitute for 31 to keep things moving, when her colleague at the next desk called out number 32. So we approached him instead and presented ticket 32. But, for whatever reason, he decided he couldn't attend us and so, since Crystal was unoccupied due to 31´s no-show, he passed us on to her. We sat down in front of her and she hissed at us: Are you deaf? I was calling you for ages!

What a fine short story Alby! It made me crack up. You are a fine writer my friend. Crystal the Overweight Punk -- a short story on the travails of the DNM.

Joking aside, mine was actually called Alejandra. She had woken up on the wrong side of the bed that day. On the other hand, the following 2 times I went, in the span of 10 months, I had the same guy called Mauro, he was extremely nice and I couldn't have been more pleased. So like with any other job anywhere else, you have a bunch of bad apples and a few good ones. C'est la vie.

If anyone is here as an employee, for work, remember that a valid RENURE is almost certainly required as part of the visa documentation (see https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interi...-nacional-unico-de-requirentes-de-extranjeros).

The RENURE expires every year, and must be renewed by the employer, there is an undated list of persons and companies valid RENUREs at http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf/residencias/listado_requirentesVigentes.pdf, but it's out of date, of course.

With the pandemic it's quite possible that employers haven't been able to renew their RENURE or just forgot about it.

Has anyone been through the recidency process recently? How long did it take for the online precaria to come through?

Has anyone been through the recidency process recently? How long did it take for the online precaria to come through?
Yes, last week. It took less than 24hs in my case. Submitted all the docs in the system on Wednesday at 2pm, received the precaria on Thursday at noon. They now seem to commit to send the precaria within 48 hs if all the submitted docs are ok and they don’t need mote info.

Back