Immigraciones opens

Do we have any idea CURRENTLY how long on average after the cita/interview -- granted all docs are OK, and there is no need to (re)submit any additional information -- are the cases resolved (resueltos), aka residency is granted?
It may depend on the category and complexity. Mine's been saying 'Tramite en proceso de supervision' for the last 22 months, ever since the memorable day Crystal the overweight punk happily accepted the antecedentes as the final piece in the puzzle. At about the eight month mark I put in a request to expedite the tramite (at the suggestion of one of Crystal's colleagues). Nothing happened. And then the pandemic hit. I don't even care any more.

It may depend on the category and complexity. Mine's been saying 'Tramite en proceso de supervision' for the last 22 months, ever since the memorable day Crystal the overweight punk happily accepted the antecedentes as the final piece in the puzzle. At about the eight month mark I put in a request to expedite the tramite (at the suggestion of one of Crystal's colleagues). Nothing happened. And then the pandemic hit. I don't even care any more.
I think your's is a unique case Alby.

I have no doubt.

At the two month mark I went in and another of Crystal's colleagues behind the glass panel swung her monitor around to show a screen with a button showing 'aprobado' and said that meant I could stop worrying because the application was approved and a DNI was on its way. Three months later I went back and tapped on a panel waking up the overweight sleepy guy with the beard. I told him about the earlier advice. He called the case up on his screen, showed me the same screen, and said that aprobado in this case was just system jargon for saying all documentos had been received and uploaded and the case was ready to start its journey through the intrays of the assessors. It was three months after that when the pleasant curly haired woman advised me to expedite the tramite since as far as she could see there had been no action on the file since Crystal and I had had our memorable discovery that we were near neighbors, some 8 months earlier.

So had my cita today. Went fairly quick. Was done in less than 1.5 hs.
Was told the precaria would be available in 24hs -- to download online.
I asked the lady when would the extension period start from if my previous residency already expired over the summer and she said from the date of the previous expiration date for 12 months. Really annoying because I was hoping it would be 12 months from now.

Does anyone have an angle (that they can explain full in detail) on getting a document Legalized. The doc is from the US Embassy in Argentina.
I've asked the detailed question through the submit questions page: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ Solicited an answer to the how, where, when it's possible to get a doc legalized because the Cancilleria is closed. They responded in a no reply e-mail that "We inform you that it is essential that you present said legalized document at the Cancilleria".
!!##WTF??? In the same e-mail they offered a chance to write again if my question wasn't answered. So, I went through the process again asking them to clarify. You are not allowed to paste any text into their question box!!! At the end after typing in a new request I tried to send the reply. In their page, up pops a message - that you're not allowed to submit another question for 48 hours since your last one. One moronic experience after another.

Does anyone have an angle (that they can explain full in detail) on getting a document Legalized. The doc is from the US Embassy in Argentina.
I've asked the detailed question through the submit questions page: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ Solicited an answer to the how, where, when it's possible to get a doc legalized because the Cancilleria is closed. They responded in a no reply e-mail that "We inform you that it is essential that you present said legalized document at the Cancilleria".
!!##WTF??? In the same e-mail they offered a chance to write again if my question wasn't answered. So, I went through the process again asking them to clarify. You are not allowed to paste any text into their question box!!! At the end after typing in a new request I tried to send the reply. In their page, up pops a message - that you're not allowed to submit another question for 48 hours since your last one. One moronic experience after another.
All the legalization is done online now. You submit a scanned version of the document and go thru TAD — trámite a distancia — and then download the legalized doc. Then during the cita you bring the original and a printout of the scanned version with the legalization.
My understanding is that Migraciones will be okay with you starting the application in Radex without having the legalization in the meantime and will ask you to bring it for the cita or submit it within 90 days after online.

All the legalization is done online now. You submit a scanned version of the document and go thru TAD — trámite a distancia — and then download the legalized doc. Then during the cita you bring the original and a printout of the scanned version with the legalization.
My understanding is that Migraciones will be okay with you starting the application in Radex without having the legalization in the meantime and will ask you to bring it for the cita or submit it within 90 days after online.
Thank you for the website address. It's a major advance in the specifics of where to do, how to do. There remain steps to figure out before submitting the document and hoping to find an Argie that will take on the task. They just cannot make anything simple!!!

Do we have any idea CURRENTLY how long on average after the cita/interview -- granted all docs are OK, and there is no need to (re)submit any additional information -- are the cases resolved (resueltos), aka residency is granted?

(Currently showing tramite en proceso de supervision online but it hasn't even been a full week yet with the holidays)
I had my interview last week, and was told the residency was granted and that I could download the new precaria the next day and that the DNI would be mailed to me. I have an issue with a change of address though. They said they will mail DNI in next 90 days to my former address which I explained to them was no longer current but they said there was nothing they could do. I had applied for a new certificado de domicilio prior to the appointment but it didnt arrive.

I have little faith that I will be able to track down the DNI if it is sent to the old address.The woman at my appointment mentioned the Renaper office on Jujuy 468. Is it possible to show up there with a new certificate of domicilio and have it redirected to the new address?

Is there an option to pick it up instead of having it
mailed at all?

Last edited:
(Currently showing tramite en proceso de supervision online but it hasn't even been a full week yet with the holidays)
I had my interview last week, and was told the residency was granted and that I could download the new precaria the next day and that the DNI would be mailed to me. I have an issue with a change of address though. They said they will mail DNI in next 90 days to my former address which I explained to them was no longer current but they said there was nothing they could do. I had applied for a new certificado de domicilio prior to the appointment but it didnt arrive.

I have little faith that I will be able to track down the DNI if it is sent to the old address.The woman at my appointment mentioned the Renaper office on Jujuy 468. Is it possible to show up there with a new certificate of domicilio and have it redirected to the new address?

Is there an option to pick it up instead of having it
mailed at all?
There is some inconsistency in your story. If the trámite is still in “supervision” it means you have not YET been granted/extended your residency. It needs to change to “resuelto” only then will the new DNI be made and send to you.
If you have a new certificado de domicilio with the right address go online in the autogestión and upload it and on a second page — handwritten note — ask them to change you address. Alternatively, once you case is “resolved” download the digital DNI and go to Renaper and just get a new one with the new certificado. Or just wait for your DNI to be “delivered” to the old address — after 3 attempts you can go pick it up yourself form the office on av.Jujuy.
All this time — once the case is “resuelto” you can download a digital dni that has the same legal status as a physical one.

Reactions: Moe
Go in person with a pendrive at 7:50. Just in front of the door is a tree with the sign “Mesa de Entradas”. Ask for you file in a pendrive and anticipate reading the legal opinion on your file.

Back