Immigraciones opens

Renewing Temporary Residency, second year. In case you're also swimming in a sea of uncertainty this may be helpful.
I just found the date that I completed the Radex application for renewal of visa, around 4 June 2020. The pandemic took hold and after delays and cancelled appointments at Immigrations to complete the application I received a firm turn in early October. 5 months after Radex. Everything was in order with my application except for the proof of income statement which I had clawed out of the US Embassy but it was not and I could not get the simple one page letter from the US Embassy legalized by the Cancilleria.
At the October Immigrations meeting they processed my application, issued a temporary Precaria and gave me a letter that said I had 90 days to provide them with the legalized income letter. And if I didn't produce the letter within 90 days I would have to start the process over as new.
I got assistance from an Argentine navigating the TAT website to submit the letter to be legalized by the Arg government. The first guy failed, months of delay, then a second one successfully submitted the doc on December 10 2020 and paid the government 300 peso fee. He advised that he had been advised it would take a month or so. There were no signs of movement as we waited.
Meanwhile Immigrations at the end of January 2021 issued an e-mail advising me that they had given another 90 days to produce the legalized letter. They had stopped threatening to start over as new. On 5 February TAT provided my adviser a cryptic notice that my letter had moved from one 6 letter acronym to another acronym location, at 29 days after it was submitted. No indication from TAT of what this meant or if there is a new time frame for legalizing the letter. That's where things stand, 8 months out.
If they produce the legalized letter, I can then upload it to a web address that Immigrations provided. Presumably this will produce a permanent Precaria and make me eligible to receive a new DNI card. Will this all take place before it's time to apply for my Temporary Residency for the 3rd year, June of 2021? Vamos a ver.
Continuing this long saga....On 5 February TAT moved the file submitted for legalization to a new location, as noted. Today, 11 February, they provided the legalized letter of income verification. What to do with it next? I proceeded to this upload page, which is set up to allow the legalized doc to be uploaded http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php.
If you're looking for this page it's important to note how you get there and not be overwhelmed by all the options. Located here:
Inicio / Ministerio del Interior / Migraciones / Residencias - Realizá gestiones con tu trámite ya iniciado
AND, as usual there are unexpected traps - like when entering your date of birth, the day and the month require two digits. If you are born on January 1st 1950 - you must enter 01 01 not 1 1 1950 Otherwise you get an error message, try again.
So let's see how quickly the DNI comes....

Update and conclusion to the renewal of residency year 2, which took 8 months.
Last step was uploading the one page legalized income statement document received from TAD on 11 February

Uploaded via the link to this page:
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php
Once signed in - clicking on: Presente documentation
then uploading 'Incorporar Documentación al Expediente Digital'

Checking back at this same page after a week
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consultaTramitePrecaria/ConsultaUnificada.php
and following this link: Residencias Realizá gestiones con tu trámite ya iniciado
I could read that on 17 February, six days after the upload of legalized document, Immigraciones at this website location gave new results and had marked my application 'Resuelto' with DISPOSICIÓN DE RESIDENCIA PROTOCOLIZADA

By clicking on the in-page link: 'Imprima su Precaria, Intimacion or Disposicion'
the page immediately opened to a large, lengthy document that ended saying that they are extending my temporary residence,
for the full temporary residence period of 1 year, from 6-2020 to 6-2021.
I have been told that their next step is they produce/print the DNI but there's no indication they're doing it or not.

NOTE:
Inmigraciones has never contacted me with any of the above information.
Found it only because I looked and somehow I found the following page link.

I cannot even find the start page that links to this web page, but
the page is the key and critical to finding your status and receiving the document(s) you require to validate your residency.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm if the "movimiento migratorio" system of Migraciones captures all entry and exit regardless of whether one enters with the DNI from a neighboring country or with their passport? Last time I entered the immigrations lady at EZE just logged me in with my DNI and didn't put in a sello in my passport so I am just wondering if that's going to be an issue when applying for a prorroga. Theoretically it should not but I remember last time I applied for an extension with Radex the system didn't show the correct "last entry" and I had to upload a photo of my sello.

Can someone confirm if the "movimiento migratorio" system of Migraciones captures all entry and exit regardless of whether one enters with the DNI from a neighboring country or with their passport? Last time I entered the immigrations lady at EZE just logged me in with my DNI and didn't put in a sello in my passport so I am just wondering if that's going to be an issue when applying for a prorroga. Theoretically it should not but I remember last time I applied for an extension with Radex the system didn't show the correct "last entry" and I had to upload a photo of my sello.
Never had an issue with this. I enter and leave on multiple passports and/ or DNI. If I recall the lawyer who handles this for me gets a print out from Migraciones showing all of my movements in and out before doing the trámites - just in case and to ensure I spent the required amount of days inside Argentina etc. Imagine it is the same report you are referring to. No one has ever asked to see a stamp as a result. I was surprised to see that all of the data was there along with what flight I was on etc.

Never had an issue with this. I enter and leave on multiple passports and/ or DNI. If I recall the lawyer who handles this for me gets a print out from Migraciones showing all of my movements in and out before doing the trámites - just in case and to ensure I spent the required amount of days inside Argentina etc. Imagine it is the same report you are referring to. No one has ever asked to see a stamp as a result. I was surprised to see that all of the data was there along with what flight I was on etc.
Thanks, yes I might budge in and pay the 1.000 pesos it costs to get this report from migraciones just in case. So if there's an issue I'd have time to fix before the renovation deadline :)

Only one passport and the number changes every time I renew it but since I believe they use name and date of birth as the primary search tool all the other stuff is incidental. As for all the data: I was staggered to find out how much information was held on me at an airport in a neighbouring country which I have only ever passed through as a transit passenger so on that basis I am confident that Argentina knows everything it wants to know about everybody's comings and goings.

Thanks, yes I might budge in and pay the 1.000 pesos it costs to get this report from migraciones just in case. So if there's an issue I'd have time to fix before the renovation deadline :)
Ask a vista of your file, you find it there for free.

Ask a vista of your file, you find it there for free.
Stupid question --- but if I ask for the "a vista" would that then be reflected in my "file". Like they have to indicate in your "vista" that you've asked for it...?

Stupid question --- but if I ask for the "a vista" would that then be reflected in my "file". Like they have to indicate in your "vista" that you've asked for it...?
Yes, of course, so what?

Anyone knows what is the current wait time from submitting all the docs in paso 2 to getting an interview? I know within 48 hs they give you a date but how far out are they assigning interviews for? Back in Nov 2020 it was 3.5 weeks but a friend who applied in Feb 2021 had to wait 5 weeks. Wondering why it's taking longer these days with no new people allowed to come in....

Back