Immigration Lawyer in 2023

That's odd... I had a first consultation with Celano yesterday morning about a residency application. Hope that wasn't for nothing?

That's odd... I had a first consultation with Celano yesterday morning about a residency application. Hope that wasn't for nothing?
I have a hunch that...
I received reply from Celano's Lucia Gauna yesterday.

At the moment we are not accepting new clients for citizenship or residency, we are focused in corporate mobility only.”
..is Celano and Associates' way of politely saying (if Neoperm provided the same info in his message to them as in his first post here) that they are not interested in spending any of their time with an application for residency that is not likely to be successful...

... or that they are not intersted in dealing with applicants for citizenship who do not already have a DNI and at least one (if not two years) of temprorary residency.

Like I said, it's just a hunch. 🤠

Last edited:
Could be! I just didn't want others to see this thread and think Celano had completely closed their doors to anyone not engaging in ~corporate mobility~ cases. Then again, they haven't taken a retainer fee from me yet, so... 🤷‍♀️

Would like to know more about the other lawyer, the one you actually used, since it seems Celano is out of the picture.
I am just testing the water before jumping in, since I am not moving immediately. Doing research before making a call, aka deciding a lawyer.

I have a hunch that...

..is Celano and Associates' way of politely saying (if Neoperm provided the same info in his message to them as in his first post here) that they are not interested in spending any of their time with an application for residency that is not likely to be successful...

... or that they are intersted in dealing with applicants for citizenship who do not already have a DNI and at least one (if not two years) of temprorary residency.

Well, yes, I did mention about the student visa to Celano. They could, probably, have suggested me a better alternative. I will get back to them after a couple of weeks/month with my updated plan, that includes ditching the student visa. Thanks

Have you actually "used" any lawyer up to this point?
I have contacted a few lawyers and had a couple of email/WhatsApp exchanges. That's it. Googling"Argentina immigration lawyers" or "Argentina citizenship lawyers" bring a good number of lawyers with nearly 5 to 60 reviews for each of them.

Your best bet is
I have a hunch that...

... or that they are not intersted in dealing with applicants for citizenship who do not already have a DNI and at least one (if not two years) of temprorary residency.

I have a hunch your hunch is correct. haha.

Out of curiosity, has anyone recently been successful of pulling the tourist to citizen route? This used to be a remote and fringe path about 10 years ago (promoted by the likes of Bajo) but has since become quite frown upon and generally it seems that all the cases end up in legal purgatory. Interesting to see if there's been any successful case in the past 2-3 years, even if it took 5+ years to finalize.

Back