Immigration Lawyer in 2023

Celano & Associates will charge you ~$2K USD. That is what I was quoted in October. Spanish speakers really don't need an immigration lawyer per se because almost all of the process is online via Radex; some of which is in English. However, you would still need to do a few things within the city that would require Spanish language skills.

Attached is the screenshot of a person who processes visas for hordes of students who come to study in Argentina's free universities; Colombians, Bolivians, Peruvians, Brasilians..... et al. I did not use her but she was highly recommended. As I don't want to shamelessly promote the attorney who helped me, if you send me a DM, I will pass along her contact information. She does excellent work. But in both cases you will still personally have to do some running around the city which you likely can't do alone. If you used my attorney or Real Assessoria Estudantil, they would need to find an English speaking 'guide' to go with you.

If cost is of no concern, Gabriel Celano does a good A-Z job. He has someone to do the running around that you can't do and don't have the Spanish language skills to do. This is the email for Celano's assistant Lucia Gauna who speaks excellent English: [email protected] She will get you squared away with minimal hassle. They have people who will accompany you into the film "Idiocracy" a.k.a. Migración Argentina. My advice in your case is to use Celano. The extra money is worth your sanity and tranquility.

Good luck.

I was wondering if you would be willing to pass along the name of the immigration attorney that you recommend? I reached out to Celano already, but would like to see what other options are out there.

Same question as oddDistribution: anyone here actually been successful at getting an Argentine passport in the past few years? looking for my potential options (yes I am getting lawyer quotes, but real-world examples from people who aren't selling me a service would be more trustworthy).

As I am exploring ways to head to Argentina this year, I am looking for a suitable lawyer assist me. Well, I don't speak any Spanish.

Could you recommend a few Immigration Lawyers to help me preparing documents, visa, temporary residence permit, DNI applications, etc. -- in order to apply for citizenship in due course?

How much do they charge?

I have seen positive reviews of "Celano & Asociados Attorneys at Law", however, their site, FB page are not updated and no response to the emails.

Great forum.

Thanks
I hired a guy to help facilitate/ translate and appear at every turno.. he charged $400 and I can opt for an attorney push for another $300
I am applying as pensionado

Same question as oddDistribution: anyone here actually been successful at getting an Argentine passport in the past few years? looking for my potential options (yes I am getting lawyer quotes, but real-world examples from people who aren't selling me a service would be more trustworthy).
I got a Argentinian passport a few years back. Did it myself without an attorney or facilitator. It took about 18 months. Had to go to the office about every month to check what they need that month.

I got citizenship this year. It took almost exactly 365 days from the time I applied.

My lawyers said it usually takes 1 to 2 years from the time you apply. What about yours?

I got a Argentinian passport a few years back. Did it myself without an attorney or facilitator. It took about 18 months. Had to go to the office about every month to check what they need that month.
Is that 18 months from moment you landed in argentina, if so how did you do it?

I used https://www.immigrar.com/ and i worked with Cecilia.

She was very helpful and we explored all options. Eventually I decided to study and got a student visa. She helped me every step of the way until the moment I recieved my DNI in hand.

After living here for a few years and being much more fluent I got my permanent residency on my own. It was not very complicated. However, I know that if I did not have the help of Cecilia at first, when applying for the student visa, I would have been confused. I highly recommend.

Back