Immigration system locked down in cyber attack

jblaze5779

Registered
I go to the office today to complain about the 9 and counting months its taking to process my visa renewal and the guy tells me there's been a cyber attack and the system is being held for bitcoin ransom.

He said you have to wait until the 14th to come back when they will have the system up and running. Which I found to be an oddly specific date.

These guys can't catch a break.

they probably should have changed the password from "password" to something else

Hi Jblaze 5779. Which office did you go? Is the immigration in Retiro open?

in nqn, I don't live in BA.

They work half days. They say they're not open, but they're open. I think they're trying to keep walk ins down.

in nqn, I don't live in BA.

They work half days. They say they're not open, but they're open. I think they're trying to keep walk ins down.
They work half days!

They work half days on a day that is already less than a full day >>> SO >>> They work 1/3 days!

The National Migration Directorate denounced that a group of hackers stole information and is now asking for a millionaire ransom

INFOBAE
Google Translate

So far it is known that "the virus in question would be of the Netwalker Ransomware variety", which is a type of "malicious software that aims to block -by encrypting- access to all or part of the information on the computer, to then to be able to ask for a ransom in exchange for his release ”. In fact, this was explained by the attackers themselves in an email they sent after committing the crime, in which they demanded a sum of money to unlock those documents. As it transpired, it would be a millionaire sum

The mail said: “Do not try to recover your files without a descrypter program, you may damage them and then they will be impossible to recover

The National Migration Directorate denounced that a group of hackers stole information and is now asking for a millionaire ransom

INFOBAE
Google Translate

So far it is known that "the virus in question would be of the Netwalker Ransomware variety", which is a type of "malicious software that aims to block -by encrypting- access to all or part of the information on the computer, to then to be able to ask for a ransom in exchange for his release ”. In fact, this was explained by the attackers themselves in an email they sent after committing the crime, in which they demanded a sum of money to unlock those documents. As it transpired, it would be a millionaire sum

The mail said: “Do not try to recover your files without a descrypter program, you may damage them and then they will be impossible to recover
Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy. Also, back up early and often.

If anyone or any entity has invaluable data to protect, that would be the way to go ... Have dual systems of which one is offline and back the data up all the time at regular intervals.

Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy. Also, back up early and often.

If anyone or any entity has invaluable data to protect, that would be the way to go ... Have dual systems of which one is offline and back the data up all the time at regular intervals.

Sounds incredible but the immigration system was down for four hours no one could enter or leave the country...!

Back