Immobilario - How Much Is Their Fees?

How about " when does one make a payment to a immobilario".

I am dealing with a immobilario, who says " put some money on the table, then we will take your proposal forward to the owner else its not worth our time".

I find this ridiculous?

When have you guys made the first payment? Either to the owner or to the immobilario? Was it before the immobilario went to the owner? And what happens to that money if the deal does not fall through?

You pay when you sign the lease and get the keys, you don't hand over money otherwise, ever! That is not standard.

You're not talking about the first rental payment, you're talking about an incentive to hold the apartment, that you're serious about your offer. Doesn't have to be much, I'd think $1000 pesos or so (that's how much I put down on my apartment when I made my offer, they might ask for 10% of the first month or something like that). That shouldn't happen until you have made an offer to rent the apartment.

And also, I'm talking long-term rentals here - there shouldn't be any "offer deposit" for temporary rentals.

If the owner accepts your offer and you back out, the owner keeps your deposit. If the owner doesn't accept your offer, you get the deposit back (don't let them tell you otherwise). If you both go forward, the money you put down goes toward your "closing" costs (like IVA, for example).

If they tell you anything else about that deposit, you should tell them you know better, and if they continue, go find another place.

When you close on the apartment, you have to have the money for the security deposit and the first month rent and the commission for the rental agency, plus IVA (I believe IVA is only calculated on the commission though, not the rental payment or the deposit). When you go to sign the contract, they should read the contract aloud at the rental agency's office (at Remax they had a projector and we all followed along, otherwise you'll follow along on your copy of the contract) and assuming everyone is happy, you'll all sign the contract and money will change hands. That is also the point that the owners give you the keys.

Remember, everything I've discussed above is for long term stuff. Just to make sure (sorry if you've already mentioned it or it's something obvious to you already) - do you have a property guarantee, or have the owners said they will not require a guarantee? Usually the guarantee is something the rental agency will ask you about before they will even talk to you about showing you a property, but sometimes they just assume you know the situation (although not very often assumed with foreigners).

BTW - temporary rentals are much much easier and quicker. There should be no commission, but you may pay a check-in fee (the guys I know are charging $50 USD now). You don't need a property guarantee, just the security deposit and first month rent. you also shouldn't be able to get more than a 6 month contract, and you should only be able to renew a temporary contract for up to 6 more months. Some owners will rent consecutive 6 month contracts but after the first year of such the contract, by law, converts to a long-term lease. There are some differences between owners' and renters' rights in the two different contracts.

Good Fellas,

I have a question.

How important is it to receive a factura from a immobilario versus just a simple receipt?

Should I be worried if I don't have a factura? I let go of the factura as I was asked to pay 21% more as IVA.

Please give your kind views.

Thanks

If someone issues a factura here, it is reported to AFIP. Facturas are usually numbered and tracked, so you can't not report IVA if you have a factura because the owner who emitted the factura will have to pay that 21% when it comes time for them to settle up.

If I understand what you are saying, they offered to let you not pay the 21% IVA in lieu or receiving a factura. If that's the case, that's not un-standard business here.

You shouldn't have any problems yourself without that factura (should get a cash receipt just to prove you paid). I believe the entity that would be in trouble would be the inmobiliaria if anyone ever looked into it for some reason, and they'd be responsible for paying it.

rental commissions doubled

http://www.bubblear.com/real-estate-agents-double-commissions/

The law 2340 de la Ciudad, states the commission should be 4.15 % of the 2 year rental total, or one month rent. However ¡the standard was 2 months , under the new Civil Code Article 1255 , the sky is the limit....!!!

http://www.infobae.c...brar-comisiones

If you read more than the alarmist headlines, you'll find that commissions can now be freely negotiated. They could double, triple, or they could halve, based on supply and demand. This only memorializes what people have been doing for years - the old rule limiting commissions was mostly ignored in real life. For those who need another lesson in economics, this is a reminder that price controls don't work in practice, they only result in parallel markets (see, e.g. dollar blue).

Back