Importing products from America

felipet

Registered
I'm looking for a method or service to import products from the US into Argentina without paying import taxes.

I am aware of the existence of the Puerta a puerta program, but it has a limit of $50 USD per shipment of tax-free value. That means that any product I ship that costs more than $50 USD will be taxed an additional 50% of whatever amount exceeds the permitted $50 USD. For example, a $150 item will cost
$50 + $100*1.5 = $200
This program also places a limit of $3000 USD total, which is miniscule when importing expensive items such as electronics.

Please respond with any methods or services you know of that bypass this outrageous tax.

Wearable communications would be something whose time is overdue, not google glasses

Smuggling.
Thanks Steve, very helpful.

giphy.gif

You understand that`s the whole point, right? Keeping goods out and hard cash in.

Iz

Thanks Steve, very helpful.

giphy.gif

You're welcome, even if you fail to realize that employing any "method or service to import products from the US into Argentina without paying import taxes" (except for some new residents or returning citizens bring used goods for personal use) aren o doubt already forbidden by Argentine statutes.

I don't know the exact word(s) in Spanish the Argentine criminal code(s) uses to describe this act, but "smuggling" is he first one in English that came to mind when reading your post...your first post as a member of this forum...asking if anyone knows abut a method or a service to commit tax fraud in Argentina (even if you expressed it in different terms).

A bit of trivia:
Most famous local brand of whisky's name is Old Smuggler. Most people don't even know what the words mean.

In the early colonial days, the port of entry/Administration and Customs was way up the river in today's Asuncion.

So before heading inland, ships would dump cargo at the mouth of the river and set up trading posts away from spanish eyes.

BA was raised by people coming south from Paraguay and setting up show where they could avoid the spanish crown taxes and deal with British and French ships, both nations always eager to disrupt the spanish grip on their colonies and make a quick buck.

Finessing goods through Customs has always been part of business as usual. Regardless who's in charge at the moment. It's not a political thing.

Frank Zappa would claim "It's a way of life!" ;)

Shame on you OP!

Iz

Back