Importing products from America

Buy from Amazon UK, France Germany ...
Interesting...
Do you just order from the respective amazon site normally and select your argentine address, or is there more to it? And how do you get tax refunds? Does it not work with amazon.com?

Interesting...
Do you just order from the respective amazon site normally and select your argentine address, or is there more to it? And how do you get tax refunds? Does it not work with amazon.com?
Not sure if it now also works with amazon.com. Back when I first started ordering electronics from them it did not work (I think back then it only worked with books). But maybe it does now. Worth a try.

With the shipping address: You just use an address in Argentina with your billing address in the US (and credit card from the US).

The tax refund is done automatically by Amazon. After a few weeks you get an email and they refund it to your credit card. And to be honest I have no idea what the logic behind calculating the prepay tax amount is. Some are around 25%, 50%, some even 100%. To make things more obscure it varies between countries (UK, France, Germany ...). In some of my past orders the prepaid taxes were a lot less in one country than in the other for the exact same product. And then it was shipped from a third country ;)

as far as I know, the 30% is completely different - it applies to visa card purchases in dollars. The customs people can charge you duty- which is often between 50% and 100% of what THEY think the item is worth. Actual tariff may only be 20% or 30%, but then they can charge you IVA on their estimated sales price, another 21%, and they dont think in terms of Black Friday sales. Then there are often other misc. fees. Average rule of thumb is that by the time you get a Porsche on the street, licensed, in Argentina, its double US retail. A quarter million for a Carrera. The new electric Porsches are averaging $200k out the door in the USA, thats a pretty expensive car here.
Sometimes having a receipt will set a price, sometimes not- its up to them. But they have never once done that to me, travelling on a US passport. They focus their ire on argentines, mostly. A foreigner can usually bring one or two of almost anything. A dozen Iphones, probably not. but 2 laptops, or, say, a home stereo, a sewing machine, pots and pans, new sheets, spices and condiments, art supplies, cameras, phones, monitors, printers, fender guitar amps, (all of which I have brought in without comment) have all been let in without comment.
When you have multiples, things that are pretty clearly for resale, thats when they get picky.
when I moved here, I had ten big red duffel bags. The only one that customs opened was the bag with all my tango shoes. All used . The rest of my bags were waved through.

now, you press the button and you only have to even put your bag thru the machine if you get red. Green, and you cruise right out.

I'm looking for a method or service to import products from the US into Argentina without paying import taxes.

I am aware of the existence of the Puerta a puerta program, but it has a limit of $50 USD per shipment of tax-free value. That means that any product I ship that costs more than $50 USD will be taxed an additional 50% of whatever amount exceeds the permitted $50 USD. For example, a $150 item will cost
This program also places a limit of $3000 USD total, which is miniscule when importing expensive items such as electronics.

Please respond with any methods or services you know of that bypass this outrageous tax.
Contraband you mean. FYI, the Criminal Code has with the same punishment for traficking cocaine than Maple syrup.
The minimum time in Jail i 4 years and 10 moths if I remember well, the maximum over 10.

Back