Importing Stuff From Amazon\ebay Under Black Friday?

spiritk

Registered
Hi,
As black friday is coming I was entertaining the possibility of buying things from amazon\ebay and sending them to buenos aires.
Was wondering if you know anything about customs regulations- mainly for electric devices, and also whether there are shipping services that give you a US address and then transfer the package to argentina.
Thank you!

If you're patient you might see the goods sometime next year, if at all.

This is a country where you consider yourself lucky if the things you bring with you in checked luggage are still there when you open your bags. Actually trying to get something of value through Customs? Have you glued the wings to your pigs yet?

Send the stuff to a friend and get them to bring it down.

Pay for their ticket and you will still save money!

There's a limit on how much people can send to themselves, and how many times a year. It's only twice a year, and I think the value allowed is very low. Our resident Argentine lawyer says if you're in good standing with AFIP (i.e, you have a DNI, you work in white, and you have made enough money to be allowed to spend such money outside of the country) that you can do it as much as you want, as long as you pay the import duties as well. But there was some disagreement on that point from others, I'm not sure who is correct.

I echo the others - don't do it. Unless you can get someone to bring them down and have them pay import duties. That's handled differently than shipments I believe.

isn't it something from fairytale land like US$25 PA? And thereafter you have to register as an importer, submit a sworn statement and agree to have 50% in taxes stolen from you, if you haven't given up the entire enterprise by then?

isn't it something from fairytale land like US$25 PA? And thereafter you have to register as an importer, submit a sworn statement and agree to have 50% in taxes stolen from you, if you haven't given up the entire enterprise by then?

You can bring what you want until 999 usd with the shipping included (there are prohibitions: comercial imports, plants, etc)
You cannot register as an importer, that is bs. But you are going to need a despachante de aduanas is you are over the 999.
The 2 packages per year are for tax free, if you pay the 50% tax, you can bring more than 2.
However, AFIP always double check what you declare and what you spend, so, if there is no coincidence, the VEP can fail.

Back