Importing Used Car Overland For Permanent Resident

Finding the vehicle value is AFIPs problem. They will guesstimate

I traveled back an forth every 6 months to Chile with a car with Chilean plates. after several years a Customs Officer at the border Cristo Libertador , went inside and printed my exits for the last years. He said you are residing in Argentina and drive to Chile for a week every year,,,! Next time I will impound the car and you will have to walk to Mendoza to see a Judge, to release the car after paying the fine....

I drove to Chile and sold the car

Did they give any info about what that fine would be?
Not sure if the alarm goes off when you spend more time with the car in Argentina than abroad, or the number of border crossings.
If we go South from Northern Patagonia to Ushuaia, we normally have at least 3-4 border crossings, one way...

Did they give any info about what that fine would be?
Not sure if the alarm goes off when you spend more time with the car in Argentina than abroad, or the number of border crossings.
If we go South from Northern Patagonia to Ushuaia, we normally have at least 3-4 border crossings, one way...

The fine is you may be authorized to leave the country or request to get Argentine Plates...! Depends on the judge...!!

The purpose of internacion temporaria is for Tourists that come into the country (from Chile) for a couple of weeks... not to stay the whole 6 months year after year . When questioned I contended I have been in Argentina only 5 months and 3 weeks, this time, so i`m within the Law.... He said Bull you reside in Argentina and spend a couple of weeks a year in Chile...

I`ts like the Colonia run its OK legal but defies the purpose of the Tourist Visa if you abuse it for years.

Back