Improve Spanish Skills Through Volunteer Work???

wlmille

Registered
Hello all,

I'm looking for work----paid or unpaid----in an environment that will require me to speak Spanish for extended periods of time.

I came to Buenos Aires almost three months ago to learn Spanish. I'm currently plateaued at the intermediate level, and feel like I won't progress much more unless I'm forced to speak Spanish for extended periods of time.

Do you guys know of any work or volunteer opportunities that fit the above description? For instance, I feel like working with kids would be ideal----my experience is that they're pretty willing to point out your mistakes as often as they crop up!

Many thanks!

I have been volunteering at Hospital de Clinicas. It's rather informal and casual, but you do get to practice Castellano. If you or anyone else is interested, pm me.

hello there,
i'm argentinian, living in buenos aires city.

i've gone volunteering to "Un techo para mi país", there's lots of work to do where you will be speaking porteño spanish.

honestly i don't like the organization very much, but it's a good place in many respects.

google it, i think it's easy to get in touch with them, but if you can't PM me, i can help you.

cheers,
nahuel.

Back