In Buenos Aires with a baby

bseabrooke

Registered
Hello Everyone

I have just moved to Buenos Aires, with my husband and our 10 month old baby girl.

I teach English online at the moment so am a little worried I'll get stir crazy in the house without anyone to talk to, as I don't know anyone here yet.

Does anyone out there know of any mother and baby type things that are organized here, or do any mums want to meet up for a coffee or a day in the park. We live in Belgrano at the moment, but are happy to travel.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Emma

I have an apartment in Belgrano too, but still waiting for my landlord to move out so I can move in. I have an 18 month old girl too.
I've only been here for a month so I don't know if there are any mom and baby things here but maybe we could start one :)

I have a 3 month old and also live in Belgrano with my partner. Only problem is I'm a dad and so don't seem to qualify for a mum's meet up in the park / mom and baby things, etc.

fred nirk said:
I have a 3 month old and also live in Belgrano with my partner. Only problem is I'm a dad and so don't seem to qualify for a mum's meet up in the park / mom and baby things, etc.

lol maybe we should change the name to parents and baby meet up in the park:D

I just came here 4 days ago with a 7 month old baby, and also would love to meet other parents. I already tried to find out some baby activities, but so far I did not find much! Would be great to start something!

Miriam

Hi, I am also a 9 months old mom. But a full time working mom, but looking to meet other parents so my little one start interacting with other children and of course to meet nice people. I live here with my dutch husband already for 4 years.

disal said:
Hi, I am also a 9 months old mom. But a full time working mom, but looking to meet other parents so my little one start interacting with other children and of course to meet nice people. I live here with my dutch husband already for 4 years.

Great to hear from all of you. Out of interest, as I am also looking for work, do you have a nanny for your baby or is there a creche you have joined?

bseabrooke said:
Great to hear from all of you. Out of interest, as I am also looking for work, do you have a nanny for your baby or is there a creche you have joined?

Kids here go to school at a very young age. My daughter will be 2 next Feb, and every Argentinian mom I meet always ask me what school I'm sending her to. I visited a couple of schools in Belgrano and it looks like many kids here even start at the age of 1. So maybe you might want to consider sending your baby to school so she can spend more time playing with other kids?

I know, the thought of my baby going to school was terrifying at first. But it seems like the Argentinian way...

OK Bseabrooke, I can suggest the park near Belgrano R station (which has a nice kids area, and cafes on the square), but since its forecast to rain for the next three or four days, maybe a day/time should wait till next week.

Back