In need of some green

sbrown

Registered
Needing a break from the yellow food.
Anyone recommend the best veggie restaurants and cafes in town.

Ta All

I could change the colour just to really startle ....

Thanks folks for the tips. I really appreciate it. xx

My favorite place for lunch is, hands-down, Buenos Aires Verde. Their salads are AWESOME, and I love the hummus and seedy whole-grain bread they bring out as the cubierto. Good for dinner, too, unless you want a nice wine (their wine list is pretty lame.) They also do organic vegetable juices, thank god ... just never order the large jugo de remolacha. Please, just take my word for it ;)

Artemisia is also lovely... haven't dined there in a while, but the last time I checked the menu, it seemed a lot more creative than it used to be. It's a beautiful space, with fresh ingredients and a professional staff.

Esquina de las Flores (the restaurant, not the grocery) SUCKS. My last trip there, the dishes were bland, skimpy, and overpriced; the bread was stale; and our waitress apologized for being slow, but she had a terrible flu (and YES, she was handling our food.) For the same price, you can get a far better vegetarian meal elsewhere.

There's also Granix. I can't put away enough in one sitting to make all-you-can-eat worth it, but if you're a big dude or just really hungry, it's a good option. You can put together any kind of salad you want, and the hot dishes are surprisingly tasty and creative.

P.S. What the heck is 'yellow food'?

I have just begun harvesting organic cherry sun gold tomatoes, if you want some "green" for the home, only 20 pesos per kilo. The only Sun Golds in BA.

Saludos.

I like Esquina de las Flores very much. You can buy some food or ingredients (like milanesa de soja) to eat at home. The founder and owner, Angelita, offers cooking classes for free, you can expect some 150 people attending.

Back