In search of fun!

FerLiu said:
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'd like to know if this forum is exclusively for those who are expats (I know, it's a dumb question). Thing is, I was born and raised here in Buenos Aires, but both of my parents are from China. Due to the fact that I LOVE travelling, meeting up with new people from all around the world would be amazing. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

You are definitely welcome here, there are many people on this forum who aren't expats in the traditional sense ... Bienvenidos! :D

albertolindesign said:
Just moved to be BA from Texas. Don't know a soul, and Friday nights suck! Count me in.

Well then... Happy Texas Independence day!! Where are you from? I've been here a while but I'm from the Houston area, went to college in Austin. It'd be nice to hang with a fellow Texan!

StuckLikeGlue said:
You are definitely welcome here, there are many people on this forum who aren't expats in the traditional sense ... Bienvenidos! :D

Thanks a lot :)! I love meeting new people and due to the fact that I was born and raised here in Buenos Aires I could offer more information for those who need it!

It's not exclusive, come along.

Sugar Bar might be a nice casual alternative - that way if people want to eat, they can, otherwise they can just drink??

What do you reckon edu? I know it's an expat bar... but I still like it ;)

Sugar Bar may indeed be a good option. There have been quite alot of people who've posted in this topic they'd be up for going on Saturday (tomorrow). I think it's easier to go for a little less 'serious' option such as Sugar, as it will save the hassle of making a large dinner reservation. Would also mean we wouldn't have to switch Bar-Restaurant-Bar for pre and after dinner drinks.

I'm all for a proper restaurant too. Would just mean we'd need to find a place, make a list of who's coming, and make a reservation.

It seems an executive decision has been made :) Eduardo has reserved for tomorrow at La Lupita in Las Cañitas at 21.30 for 10 people. http://www.lupitaweb.com.ar/

So far i think we're Eduardo, Flashyashi and me. Who is in?

Count me in! Just arrived yesterday and looking to meet people :)

Would love to, but weekends at short notice are impossible for me....unless someone knows a good babysitter?

Back