In Search of George Bush's Brain !!!

"PK" said:
I refuse to get into the silly crap that seems to happen here but really some folks do need to read history. Hitler came to power legally was the point. Just as many of the wonderful leaders of Argentina who trashed the economy etc.
I guess the bottom line is this whole website degrades into name calling more often than not. Thanks to those that put useful information on the site and do not use it as a ranting board.
Argentine leaders are not exclusively responsible for the "thrashing" of the economy. I think the big difference between Argentine leaders screw Argentina, while George Bush screws the world.

Dont forget wars with Chile, Britain etc.that Argentina got into...... But I do agree Tatan GWB has been a complete disaster. If it makes you feel better although I didnt vote for him, cannot stand him, tried to move to Australia after the last election, etc I apologize to the world for our idiot president!

"Ernie" said:
It's just a question of site administrators failing to discipline members who launch pointless personal attacks on other members, which causes other members to eventually get fed up of their imbecility. Granada has been asking for this for months now.
Go beat Aunti apple up internet hooligan

"PK" said:
Dont forget wars with Chile, Britain etc.that Argentina got into...... But I do agree Tatan GWB has been a complete disaster. If it makes you feel better although I didnt vote for him, cannot stand him, tried to move to Australia after the last election, etc I apologize to the world for our idiot president!
Your statement is in accurate, we did not go to war with Chile. Yes with the UK.

"WynnsWoods" said:
I would tend to agree with you that the apparent stupidity and ignorance of “The Boy King” is not a laughing matter. However, as satire and humor are well known defense mechanisms, I will stand by my right to chuckle in lieu of sobbing.
As to John Dean I have to note that while I appreciate his efforts to get GWB impeached, I find myself filled with revulsion at the idea of him being the most credible source one can come up with. As Nixon’s White House Counsel Dean was instrumental in the events leading up to the Watergate break-in. The FBI referred to him as the master manipulator of the cover-up of that crime. Dean was convicted of multiple felonies to include obstruction of justice and admitted to supervising payments of "hush money" to the Watergate burglers. In the end he sacrificed his coworkers and friends by turning into a government snitch to save himself prison time testifying against Ehrlichman, Haldeman, Mardian, Mitchell, and Parkinson. Dean represents the worst of the worse in that no only was his malignancy used against the American people but in the end he even turned on his own kind.
As to H.L. Mencken, he was also quoted as having said: “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard” and I think that GWB has indeed given it to us all “good and hard”. I also think we are indeed living with his predicted “downright moron” in office.
I think Sir Winston Churchill said it best however: “Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.”
I think that one of the shortcomings of democratic government is the right of the people to occasionally act ignorant regarding who they elect. I personally believe that the Bush machine stole both elections. I would remind you that it took a 5-4 vote along partisan lines by the Supreme Court to coronate The Boy Who Would be King the first time. I would also point out that this was only the third time in United States history that a president was elected with a minority of the popular vote. While Bush won in the electoral college and ultimately prevailed as president he lost the actual vote count with 50,460,110 votes (47.87%) to Al Gores total of 51,003,926 votes with 48.38%.
In the second election, as with Florida in the first election, the ultimate decision rested on one state: Ohio this time. Attempts at an accurate recount were thwarted through a series of illegal improprieties yet again. Just this year on January 24, 2007 a jury convicted two republican Ohio elections officials of selecting precincts to recount where they already knew the hand total would match the machine total, thereby avoiding having to perform a full recount.
Therefore I reject your contention that GWB was ever elected.
However this idea will allow me to seque myself to the another point. I completely agree that there is widespread antipathy towards intellectualism the last few years; however in my mind it is voter apathy and not antipathy that is undermining the political process in the United States. The simple fact of the matter is that all those people you refer to as enemies of GWB the intellectuals, sophisticates, and articulates do not get out and vote. They are at home with their heads buried in Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," or Spengler's "Decline of the West” hoping to ride out the storm. Through mechanisms of fear, a welcoming of “The Rapture”, and indulgence in lost causes such as amendments banning flag burning and gay marriage, George II has managed to frighten and inflame the neo-con community as well as the religious right to the point that in 2004 they turned out in unheard of numbers to vote.
As to Bush and Kerry’s claim to the bible, I was more stupefied during the first election when Bush stated that Jesus was his favorite philosopher during the December 13th Des Moines Republican debate. This was of course coming from the man who during his first five years as governor of Texas oversaw 112 executions, who also as governor fought to keep 200,000 from obtaining medical insurance and opposed hate crimes legislation introduced after James Byrd, Jr. was dragged to his death by three white racists.
And to summarize: I too did not vote for GWB and do apologize for the little f*ck. He is a national embarassment; there is no question regarding that.
Good post.

Granadaisacoward wrote
Go beat Aunti apple up internet hooligan
No, no, no. I am going to beat YOU up. Tonight.

It's such a shame that these threads have to degenerate into personal attacks and end up going way off topic. This seems to be instigated by mainly one person. He/she knows who they are, but the sad thing is, they enjoy it. The more so when we get annoyed at them. Typical sign of a bully really.
Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed the original thread. Amusing, but ultimately scary, knowing that this GWB is the most powerful person in the World...oxymoron anyone?
He should have been thrown out long ago. Did anyone catch Donald Trump's interview on Youtube? He was right on the button regarding Bush and not afraid to say so either.

Hitler was never voted in as president.
Who said he was?
Avendida de Mayo today at 7?
Make it 23:00hs. Av de Mayo and Carlos Pellegrini. Have someone call an ambulance for you. You'll need it.

Ok see yaReally? Paul the Dutch coward never showed up! You have no dignity. We will meet, I promise Ernie

"WynnsWoods" said:
I would tend to agree with you that the apparent stupidity and ignorance of “The Boy King” is not a laughing matter. However, as satire and humor are well known defense mechanisms, I will stand by my right to chuckle in lieu of sobbing.
It's not merely Bush. It's possibly not even the neo-con cabal. The USA is at a certain stage of its imperial trajectory. Americans focus too much on personalities and avoid looking at abstract structure. A new face in the White House isn't going to change much of anything. It's just that Bush lacks finesse, and that he (or rather Cheney and Co. have gone a bit further a bit faster than anyone else would have. But that this has happened is itself symptomatic of the nature of the USA today: widespread public apathy and no opposition worth the name in an imperium that is tightly controlled by its financial elite.
As to John Dean I have to note that while I appreciate his efforts to get GWB impeached, I find myself filled with revulsion at the idea of him being the most credible source one can come up with. As Nixon’s White House Counsel Dean was instrumental in the events leading up to the Watergate break-in. The FBI referred to him as the master manipulator of the cover-up of that crime. Dean was convicted of multiple felonies to include obstruction of justice and admitted to supervising payments of "hush money" to the Watergate burglers. In the end he sacrificed his coworkers and friends by turning into a government snitch to save himself prison time testifying against Ehrlichman, Haldeman, Mardian, Mitchell, and Parkinson. Dean represents the worst of the worse in that no only was his malignancy used against the American people but in the end he even turned on his own kind.
A non-sequitur as far as I'm concerned: I mentioned him with reference to academic consensus concerning the present US administration. What difference does it make what he did over thirty years ago when we have to examine the strength of his arguments about the present status quo on their own merit?
As to H.L. Mencken, he was also quoted as having said: “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard” and I think that GWB has indeed given it to us all “good and hard”. I also think we are indeed living with his predicted “downright moron” in office.
I don't care for GWB, but I'm not sure that, say, a Democrat like Kerry or Lieberman would be that different. Perhaps a more suave talker.
I think Sir Winston Churchill said it best however: “Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.”
The US is an oligarchy where preselected candidates are offered for choice -- not that it matters whether Tweedledum is chosen over Tweedledee. As another British politican said: "If voting could change anything, they'd have abolished the ballot box a long time ago."
I think that one of the shortcomings of democratic government is the right of the people to occasionally act ignorant regarding who they elect.
The suckers don't have much of a choice. They're presented with two preselected candidates who don't differ on important matters such as foreign policy and economic policy (generally). They might differ on whether gays should be allowed in the army.
Therefore I reject your contention that GWB was ever elected.
Okay -- *shrug* -- for the sake of argument, he stole both elections. But the point is that tens of millions of American chumps voted for him in both elections. The US is not (yet) at a stage where a politician can win 5% of the vote and rig the system to the extent that he ends up the winner. If a twit like GWB had won 30% of the vote, he wouldn't be president no matter how much electoral fraud took place in Florida or how biased the Supreme Court was.
However this idea will allow me to seque myself to the another point. I completely agree that there is widespread antipathy towards intellectualism the last few years;
Why just the last few years? A nice book by Hofstadter -- "Anti-Intellectualism in America," published in 1964(?) -- examines anti-intellectual currents in the USA from the founding days.
however in my mind it is voter apathy and not antipathy that is undermining the political process in the United States. The simple fact of the matter is that all those people you refer to as enemies of GWB the intellectuals, sophisticates, and articulates do not get out and vote. They are at home with their heads buried in Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason," or Spengler's "Decline of the West” hoping to ride out the storm.
Who would they vote for? A nincompoop like Kerry whose only line was, "We can do better?" And who will they vote for this time? Clinton or Obama? Neither of whom have said anything, for example, on withdrawal from Iraq. It goes deeper than voter apathy -- it's that the very political and economic structure of an oligarchic and imperial USA is flawed and corrupt. You have to stop seeing GWB as an anomaly and aberration -- in many sense he epitomises the USA today.
Through mechanisms of fear, a welcoming of “The Rapture”, and indulgence in lost causes such as amendments banning flag burning and gay marriage, George II has managed to frighten and inflame the neo-con community as well as the religious right to the point that in 2004 they turned out in unheard of numbers to vote.
The neo-cons wrote and direct the agenda; GWB didn't frighten and inflame them.
And to summarize: I too did not vote for GWB and do apologize for the little f*ck. He is a national embarassment; there is no question regarding that.
I reiterate: stop seeing him as an anomaly. He doesn't personify all of America, but he does personify significant chunks of it.
Cheers.

Back