Income Tax On Expats

sgifford

Registered
Hi there y'all! I am seriously considering moving to Buenos Aries but the issue od paying taxes on my Social Security and/or Veterans Disability Benefits loom large. Here in the states I pay no income taxes at all. Does anybody know (for sure) about this, or where to find out? On a side note, what if I maintained my US bank account and transferred money to a BA bank or just used ATMs?

I believe Citibank allows you to withdraw $US for free at its banks anywhere, as well as pesos in Argentina without a commission charge. However check with Citi in the US before opening an account as there may be restrictions and minimum cash deposits you need to meet. Citibank branches are numerous in BA.

I believe Citibank allows you to withdraw $US for free at its banks anywhere, as well as pesos in Argentina without a commission charge. However check with Citi in the US before opening an account as there may be restrictions and minimum cash deposits you need to meet. Citibank branches are numerous in BA.

True but Citi is on the process of selling the Argentine retail banking operations....! Good for the moment?

Assuming your income is only soc sec etc, your zero US tax fiing will not change.

Back