Indian Spices Plants

prettejohn

Registered
Hi BA Expats,

Anyone know where I can buy good Indian Spices. Particularly looking for Coriander. What's it called here? Hope to buy a plant or some seeds to plant in the garden. I have a small chilli plant which is taking shape along with lots of Basil. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Hi BA Expats,

Anyone know where I can buy good Indian Spices. Particularly looking for Coriander. What's it called here? Hope to buy a plant or some seeds to plant in the garden. I have a small chilli plant which is taking shape along with lots of Basil. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Coriander is Cilantro, i've not seen any seeds for it though.

do you need coriander seeds or coriander leaves or coriander powder?

You can get the seeds and powder in a Indian store en cuidad de la Paz street en belgrano.

you can get cilantro leaves in a good vegie store.

Ps...you can make your own mango chutney without too much trouble. Easier than you'd think. Sabores de India also have ghee, pilau rice and other staples.

I've seen coriander as both coriandro and cilantro in Argentina. Any decent dietetica should have whole coriander (coriandro en grano), as well as all the other necessary items like cumin, curcurma, mostaza, etc.

But, you should definitely go to Sabores de La India as everyone mentioned. We need to keep that place in business.

http://www.saboresdelaindia.com.ar/index.htm

Great. Thank you. Looks like a trip to Sabores de India is on the cards.

For future reference for people it's

[background=rgb(120, 80, 39)]Ciudad de La Paz 1739[/background][background=rgb(120, 80, 39)] [/background]
[background=rgb(120, 80, 39)][email protected] Tel:4783-3424[/background]

Back