Industria Argentina , Is There Anything That Doesnt Break?

I'm sure that's a good printer. I was referring to HP professional printers. I've seen them last 10+ years. I've also seen them wear out and have to be serviced after printing 100s of pages per day 365 days a year.

I don't use it that much for printing, but it also does photocopying and scanning. My cousin has had one for several years as well.

True, shouldve added clothes or fabrics. Thankfully my yearly trip back home to the UK means I get to buy most things there at half the price and better quality.

Yes changed days.When we lived in Scotland we'd stock up on good quality clothes at decent prices on our frequent visits here now it's the other way about. To be fair that was back in the days when the exchange rate made buying good quality affordable. There is still plenty of good quality clothing to be found here but it's so overpriced my Scottish upbringing forbids me from buying it.

I saw a documentary from Catalonia and French TV which has several parts, several minutes, talking in english, about problems they have, for example, with printers in the US. They expain that Apple lost a trial because of this thing with Ipods. As the title says, you dont fix things anymore, you just throw it away and buy new stuff, much more simpler, much more cheaper, it is what fabricants want. I strongly recommend to watch the documentary, it takes an hour, but it surely worth it.

edit: minute 33:20

Again, I dont need to watch a movie that tells me I cant do something- that is, quickly and cheaply change the battery in my ipod- when I have actually DONE IT, several times.
You can fix your ipod. You can change the oil in your car. You can install a new electrical outlet in your wall.
Most americans these days refuse to learn how to do anything themselves, but none of this stuff is hard.
I am sorry to see this class based helplessness spreading to Argentina.

Certainly, planned obsolescence exists.
And, certainly, technology changes so fast that some perfectly usable electronics becomes obsolete.
I have a working daisy wheel typewriter- but I prefer my inkjet printer.

But to whine that Apple is conspiring against humanity because you refuse to even try to change a battery is silly.
This weekend, I will be replacing the glass on my son's Iphone 5c. The new part cost under ten dollars. If I took it to the apple store, they want about $120 to do this.

What did everyone do before cellphones and iPads?? If these things are junk, or you refuse to repair them, why are you buying them?
The only way the making and selling of junk stops is when people stop buying it.

Again, I dont need to watch a movie that tells me I cant do something- that is, quickly and cheaply change the battery in my ipod- when I have actually DONE IT, several times.
You can fix your ipod. You can change the oil in your car. You can install a new electrical outlet in your wall.
Most americans these days refuse to learn how to do anything themselves, but none of this stuff is hard.
I am sorry to see this class based helplessness spreading to Argentina.

Certainly, planned obsolescence exists.
And, certainly, technology changes so fast that some perfectly usable electronics becomes obsolete.
I have a working daisy wheel typewriter- but I prefer my inkjet printer.

But to whine that Apple is conspiring against humanity because you refuse to even try to change a battery is silly.
This weekend, I will be replacing the glass on my son's Iphone 5c. The new part cost under ten dollars. If I took it to the apple store, they want about $120 to do this.

I dont know maybe this was with former models, I doubt that campaign was made from a craving comfy place of "I dont wanna change batteries, I dont, I dont"
You can TRY to fix things today, but will be going against mainstream, and lots of things, especially in computer fields are made different, change models every year just to make it incompatible with the year before model, so you must buy the new one. Its just another era, the go and fix it time represents another past generation, from microwaves to iphones, from printers to washing machines. Even clothes. If you looked at that documentary, you would have known theres actually a chip they put in the printer to stop printing after a number of pages.

I dont know maybe this was with former models, I doubt that campaign was made from a craving comfy place of "I dont wanna change batteries, I dont, I dont"
You can TRY to fix things today, but will be going against mainstream, and lots of things, especially in computer fields are made different, change models every year just to make it incompatible with the year before model, so you must buy the new one. I

Things are usually incompatible because technology is getting better not because of any sinister conspiracy to get you to buy more stuff.

Look I've wasted money on big floppy drives, small floppy drives, super 144mb floppy drives, zip disk drives, CD drives, etc. I've had a PC card collection withwifi antenas, network cable ports, telephone cable ports, SD card readers. I have worthless fire wire accessories, and monitors that don't plug into any computer I own.

If any of that incompatible junk was forwards compatible with my current computer gear, I still wouldn't use it.

Things are usually incompatible because technology is getting better not because of any sinister conspiracy to get you to buy more stuff.

Look I've wasted money on big floppy drives, small floppy drives, super 144mb floppy drives, zip disk drives, CD drives, etc. I've had a PC card collection withwifi antenas, network cable ports, telephone cable ports, SD card readers. I have worthless fire wire accessories, and monitors that don't plug into any computer I own.

If any of that incompatible junk was forwards compatible with my current computer gear, I still wouldn't use it.

Unlike Matías, you fail to understand the entrenched technological conspiracy against Argentina.

Obsolete gizmos.? I have had a laser disc player way before the DVD format came and to stay. Still have the "Laser disc player" along the many huge size video disc housing the movies on them!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sony+MDP+800+laser+disc+video+player+pics&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gAXlU-nCAYb7oASAzoDYCQ&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1145&bih=625

So does the Argentina cellphones using the G1 or is it up to G2 now days? I once had these cell phones but glad that they slimmed down in sizes and weights.!

dkmb86g_487pr55s2hc_b.jpg

Back