Inflation March 2014-Now

aholm

Registered
Hi, can anyone tell me what the independent (not official) inflation has been from March 2014 to today?

If you know the official, that helps too.

Would be a huge help, I'm seeing all kinds of things that don't make sense to me.

Thanks!!

The latest unofficial figures are 31.4% in the last 12 months. 1.48 in Feb.
From an article on la nación yesterday: "La inflación de febrero calculada por analistas privados fue en promedio de 1,48% y en los últimos doce meses alcanzó a 31,43%, según informaron hoy legisladores de la oposición."

I love these figures of 1.48%, annual 31.43% etc
My class which is a language one went up 33% in the past month we dont even get handouts
my prepaga 5% this month
the pizza i buy 25% this year
airline tickets despite falling gas prices quite a bit didnt do the math
etc!
But the usd falls on the blue market and gas here goes up!

Is it because the govt is pumping large amounts of dollars into the blue market? If this is true, when they run out of dollars, the blue rate will climb. What a mess. It never ends well when govts manipulate currency to suppress inflation.

English classes for my kids went from around 500 to around 700 (per child).

1 English book (imported and therefore very expensive) $350. Vamossss Argentina!!!

some items went up 100% or more in prince since a year ago... so really depends what products you're talking about, and how your doing your averages. Inflation keeps on going despite the blue dollar 'staying'. I think they are trying to close the gap between dollar oficial (also keeps climbing ever so steadily) and the blue but until when and for what purpose...? Theories abound.

some items went up 100% or more in prince since a year ago... so really depends what products you're talking about, and how your doing your averages. Inflation keeps on going despite the blue dollar 'staying'. I think they are trying to close the gap between dollar oficial (also keeps climbing ever so steadily) and the blue but until when and for what purpose...? Theories abound.

They'll run out of money supporting the peso eventually. It will/has also make Argentine industry incredibly uncompetitive, just like what menem did with his 1-1 parity.

I do not understand why blue is staying ? Even the gov has dollars, still, by economics 101, it should be 16 or 18?

I do not understand why blue is staying ? Even the gov has dollars, still, by economics 101, it should be 16 or 18?

they are controlling it artificially. i read an article that quoted the head of central bank saying, "We WILL close the gap and the dollar WILL keep coming down". Now he could be wrong but this week it dipped quite a few points (this article came out at the end of last week) but has just risen a tiny bit to 12.9

Back