Inflation ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflation in Argentina is the second highest in the world in us dollars currently at 30% annually . If there is no serious devaluation of the peso in the next year in less than 2 years prices will be nearly double todays rate . The middle class are suffering badly and consumption is way down on everything . Very few new restaurants are opening but hamburger bars are popular in Palermo Soho . Still very expensive though with very little change from 300 pesos for a burger , fries , and a beer . I was in Iquitos Peru in the amazon and this is a magnificient city with some of the best produce in south america . You can eat incredible seafood , chicken, and beef dishes for less than US$ 5. In the belen market of iquitos the largest of South America incredible meals can be had for less than 10 soles or US$ 3 dollars . Its the fastest growing city for expats in Peru atm and its not easy to see why as you can really live like a king for less than US$ 1,000 a month ( here it would be US$ 3,000 or more )

Hope bajo cero would zoom down his posts
Price of Bread more than a kilo of meat?? is this normal..!

A loaf of Whole wheat bread costs $50 pesos for 335 Grams. Price per kilo $150 pesos . More than steak..? :eek:

my local bakery in the USA is about seven bucks for a loaf of bread. Of course, its very good bread.
Thanks Ries for your contribution, so what should we conclude bread here is more expensive than the USA... Is that good , bad or not important.? We all know that the local income per capita here is US$23K a third of the USA?

You don`t mention the weight of your USA loaf?? surely it`s not a kilo?? what is the price per kilo? Relative to the price of USA steak?

thanks

Yesterday I paid $28 pesos ($1.40 USD) for a freshed baked (that morning) 500 grams (just over one pound ) loaf of dense whole wheat bread (without preservatives) topped with seeds. It's very good bread.

PS: 30 large brown eggs still cost $100 pesos ($2.00 USD per dozen).

Yesterday I paid $28 pesos ($1.40 USD) for a freshed baked (that morning) 500 grams (just over one pound ) loaf of dense whole wheat bread (without preservatives) topped with seeds. It's very good bread.

PS: 30 large brown eggs still cost $100 pesos ($2.00 USD per dozen).

Most expats live in the B.A. area and are subject to Capital`s relevant prices....

Good Deal Steve...!! here in the country 100 kms from B.A. the price for eggs is US$ 2.50 a dozen. The prices I mentioned for sliced wrapped bread are from a super in the countryside for a major brand Don Yeyo... If a go to a local small bakery and buy a single unit, prices are different very different..

Thanks Ries for your contribution, so what should we conclude bread here is more expensive than the USA... Is that good , bad or not important.? We all know that the local income per capita here is US$23K a third of the USA?

You don`t mention the weight of your USA loaf?? surely it`s not a kilo?? what is the price per kilo? Relative to the price of USA steak?

thanks

In the SF Bay Area, (good) bread is anywhere from $4.50 to $6.50 for a two pound loaf. The price of USA steak? How much do you like your meat? You can pay anywhere from $7.50 to $30 per pound, depending on the cut and the quality.

Most expats live in the B.A. area and are subject to Capital`s relevant prices.... The prices I mentioned for sliced wrapped bread are from a super in the countryside for a major brand Don Yeyo... If a go to a local small bakery and buy a single unit, prices are different very different..

About a year ago the price of the same bread I paid $28 pesos for yesterday was $18 pesos...and the thirty eggs I paid $100 pesos for cost about $60. The exchange rate was what, about $16 to one and now it's about $18???

I consistently pay LESS in Buenos Aires than I do in rural washington state for bread, eggs, steak, fresh pasta, vegetables, and, of course, fernet and mate. Everybody's experience is different, but I eat as well or better for less money in CABA. Some things are more expensive in Buenos Aires, for sure. And inflation in BA is more obvious- but utilities and rent/mortgage are much much more where I live in the USA. I have seen the rents for small apartments my kids live in triple in about the last six years in Seattle.
Basically, we all have things to complain about. And complaining becomes more and more of your life, the older you get.
Dont get me started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back