Inflation

Ries said:
I can only assume from your "should" that you do not actually own property- because you are woefully naive about how the real world works.
So those of us who can't afford to own property are not living in the real world?

Ries said:
I pay 4 different property tax bills in two states- and all went UP last year, and this year.
You OWN 4 properties? I respectfully suggest that you get off the thread about inflation and refrain from posting on any thread pertaining to having financial difficulties.

DavieW said:
And earn 6 times as much....which effectively means it's 6 times as expensive in Argentina, no?

This is exactly the point I was trying to make.

qwerty said:
I would think that if you fly to Gstaad to ski it Will be à bit more expensive then to go las Lenas. I go skiing every year in THE alps and have little or no interest to go skiing in ARgentina

Well the terrain at Las Leñas is in the same world class league as the Alps.

Here are a few pics from the season so far.

sm-dropping.jpg

pow-in-sans-nom.jpg

eduardos-untracked.jpg

Wow soulskier - spectacular photos!

Unfortunately the chances of me being able to afford to go skiing are identical to my chances of winning the lottery......must go and check my numbers.

obvious.jpg

DavieW said:
So those of us who can't afford to own property are not living in the real world?

You OWN 4 properties? I respectfully suggest that you get off the thread about inflation and refrain from posting on any thread pertaining to having financial difficulties.

mini said:
It depends where you are flying from. I would bet that flying from NL to CH to ski costs less than flying from BA to Bariloche.

But that's not my point. Why does it cost the same to ski in AR compared to the best ski areas of Switzerland? We ARE talking about inflationary pricing, no?

If you want to skiing in South America you need to go to Chile or Argentina what the prices are in Switserland are just not really interesting

Ries said:
I would like to point out another reason for inflation, both in Argentina and in the USA- China. The chinese economy is growing at a prodigious rate- around 10% per year. A lot of the Argentine inflation is caused by wacky local regulations, but a lot more of it is totally beyond the control of the K's or Obama.

i think you may be over playing the connection between the US and china as a cause of inflation. we need look no further than our own government spending to understand the causes of inflation.

stop government spending. it's as simple as that. don't spend more money than what you take in from tax revenue. we don't need to look any further than that.

and if we have a major trade imbalance with china, then reduce it. but they won't reduce it. why? because our govt. can create and then EXPORT the inflation, by buying cheap chinese goods then getting that money back in the form of loans.....the best of both worlds, until of course our debt becomes untenable, which they all knew would eventually occur at some point - you just don't want to be the schmuck in political office when that happens.

this year alone, our deficit spending is projected to something like $1.4 trillion and that doesn't count for what we're spending on the wars. so in total you're talking about a one year $2 trillion deficit. that is pathetic.

i will agree with you that it is mainly beyond the control of obama but not because he couldn't affect real change if he really wanted to. the simple fact is that he's nothing more than an employee and it's not in his job description to do what's really good for the US - i.e. let the pain come now in order for the healing to begin as quickly as possible. the more you stretch this out, the more painful it's going to be when the collapse occurs.

no politician is brave enough to do what's right because it would mean being extremely unpopular and disliked. he/she will only kick the can to the next politician and let them have to worry about it. obama has spent in 2 yrs what bush spent in 8. it wouldn't be as bad if we had actually contributed to our infrastructure for future growth just as FDR did but we haven't even done that. we spent a bunch of money that inflated the balloon for a bit and now it's deflating, which means another round of QE is most likely on its way.

AlexfromLA said:
Glad someone took the time to add some context. It's easy to do a mindless google search.

LOL. you'll pardon me as i laugh alex but after reading the majority of your posts on this thread, you'd do well to follow some of your own advice.

perhaps fewer pictures and more words would help - oh and fewer insults as well. just my opinion. ;)

My points were made a long time ago in this thread and they were concise and to the point. If you disagree with them, that's your personal problem. Not everybody needs to write walls of pointless text like you to get their point across.

Now stop trolling son. Make your point on the subject at hand and move on, or sound like a hypocrite by trying to tell me to chill on the insults while you try to insult me.

dumb ass

redrum said:
LOL. you'll pardon me as i laugh alex but after reading the majority of your posts on this thread, you'd do well to follow some of your own advice.

perhaps fewer pictures and more words would help - oh and fewer insults as well. just my opinion. ;)

Back