Inflation

davonz said:
If it cost 60 pesos for parking, how much for a lift pass for the day per person ?

That´s about the price I paid a couple of seasons in Granada, and the lift pass is about the same. Still cheaper then a top resort in Austria, France or Switserland

qwerty said:
That´s about the price I paid a couple of seasons in Granada, and the lift pass is about the same. Still cheaper then a top resort in Austria, France or Switserland

Yes, but I can assure you the mountain management and lifts are not on par with those in Europe.

Wow, Argentina really is getting expensive! You can ski at Gstaad, Verbier & Davos/Klosters for AR$255..... Probably more places as well. & I'm sure there are smaller less known places for less.

I would think that if you fly to Gstaad to ski it Will be à bit more expensive then to go las Lenas. I go skiing every year in THE alps and have little or no interest to go skiing in ARgentina

lol

for real yo. Every time I hear the word Gstaad I think of douche bags like these

21hoffman_slide01.jpg

In NZ we pay around 200 pesos a day for lift pass - so not much difference to AR, but we also get free parking, or free bus from towns in area to ski field.

qwerty said:
I would think that if you fly to Gstaad to ski it Will be à bit more expensive then to go las Lenas. I go skiing every year in THE alps and have little or no interest to go skiing in ARgentina

It depends where you are flying from. I would bet that flying from NL to CH to ski costs less than flying from BA to Bariloche.

But that's not my point. Why does it cost the same to ski in AR compared to the best ski areas of Switzerland? We ARE talking about inflationary pricing, no?

AlexfromLA said:
lol

for real yo. Every time I hear the word Gstaad I think of douche bags like these

LOL. I just checked the pricing for Gstaad because Qwerty said it was MORE expensive to ski in the best resorts in Europe when in fact it's not. How it that possible? You would imagine Gstaad would be more expensive, no?

ETA: I should say, I checked & was surprised to find that it's the same price.

davonz said:
In NZ we pay around 200 pesos a day for lift pass - so not much difference to AR, but we also get free parking, or free bus from towns in area to ski field.

And earn 6 times as much....which effectively means it's 6 times as expensive in Argentina, no?

Back