Info on traveling to Brazil

You should be able to get a five year visa now. Our last visa we got a few months ago from the Brazil consulate in BA was 5 year. I believe you have to start the process online now. Read page 4 of this thread for more info and the link.

Good luck! :)

Awesome! Just looked at the website, but I couldn't find the cost of the visa? Also, at home it's easy to go to a pharmacy to get a passport photo. What about in BA?

Hi any updates on this process? Is the Brazilian consulate in BA still giving 5 yr visas and is the process very complicated? I don't want to have to bring a bank statement or proof of employment, that's a pain!

I have an expired visa to Brazil and lived there quite a bit, would that help "convince" them?

I don't want to wake up at 6 AM and wait in line!

Thanks

Usually they don't ask for a bank statement, but just a credit card instead. I think a print-out from your bank showing account activity and balance would be helpful just in case...

Past visas don't really put you at an advantage. However, if you overstayed your visa or were "living" in Brazil on a tourist visa, they will likely question you.

Honestly, it's not that complicated. It's more annoying than anything.

Back