ingredients for mexican food

I'd be down for a field trip to Bolitown; perhaps next weekend? Who else would like to go?

mini said:
I don't have a source, but I have more than I'll be able to use. In fact, last week I opened a brand new can (the yellow & red Davis one) of it when I couldn't find my open one. I didn't look hard enough! I'm sure it lasts a long time but I'd be happy to share. If you want some, I can give you some of my stash.

Mini,
I would be happy to purchase good baking powder from you!!! How can we meet?

Send me a PM and we can go from there...

I am so thankful!!!
Evergreengal

I can always find great, fresh cilantro- it is sold by a woman who sits outside the grocery store selling produce (she also always has the best albacha (basil). I can also find it- if I ask- by going to a verduleria.... you might have to go to a few, but you can always find one that has it. Black beans- in a can- look in Carrefor's import section. They usually have them and jalapenos.... and peanut butter for all of you missing it (but be prepared to pay a pretty peso for it).

BTW- cilantro here is called cilantro- so that makes it easier.

Good luck in your mexican cooking endeavors.... have you thought of going to a Mexican rest. in BA and asking them if they could get you a few items- might just work.....

I also live in barrio norte, I can say for a fact that Disco next to the augero stop by billinghurst has a lot of these items, they are on the right in the front when you walk on, also the coto on characas has a lot of these items, they can be found back by all the booze. I was also able to find canned chipolte peppers at the meat store two doors down from said disco.

luddite said:
thanks all. I looked for these items at Jumbo, Carrefour, Coto and Disco around my neighborhood in Barrio Norte, but didn't have much success. I did purchase dried black beans and made my corn/black bean salad. It's a work in progress.

I found one place with meager cilantro and and found limes only at a couple of places. Too bad about the tomatillos -- I make a wicked tomatillo/honey/avocado/ jalapeno salsa (spicy start with a sweet finish).

I was tempted to bake a blueberry buckle today until I saw what passed for blueberries. I'll check out the bolivian market; maybe I'll have better luck.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I am happy to give or sell blueberries cheaply depending on how many requests there are.

We grow blueberries on our farm. . . and we had to throw hundreds of kilos away because the price was too low to send them to market...if interested in Oct/Nov 2010, send me a message about how to find us, and you can come pick your own. (We live 2 hrs N of Buenos Aires in San Nicolas, worth a half a day visit, even if just for the berries and the sanctuary in honor of the Virgin, who has visited here. So says the Vatican...and we get 1,000,000 pilgrims per year.)

CoachGayle said:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I am happy to give or sell blueberries cheaply depending on how many requests there are.

We grow blueberries on our farm. . . and we had to throw hundreds of kilos away because the price was too low to send them to market...if interested in Oct/Nov 2010, send me a message about how to find us, and you can come pick your own. (We live 2 hrs N of Buenos Aires in San Nicolas, worth a half a day visit, even if just for the berries and the sanctuary in honor of the Virgin, who has visited here. So says the Vatican...and we get 1,000,000 pilgrims per year.)

Oh.... I want blueberries!!! LOVE blueberries!! :) I'll trade you some masa.

Back