Inquiry About Opening a Bank Account for Non-Residents in Buenos Aires

floridamedellin

Registered
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding banking in Buenos Aires and was hoping to hear from someone with recent experience.

**Background Information:**
I am a non-resident but hold a CDI, and I’m planning to purchase real estate in the next month or two. In preparation for this, I want to open a bank account, but I’m unsure which banks in Buenos Aires currently allow non-residents with a CDI to do so.

**Questions:**
1. Does anyone know which banks are currently accepting non-resident CDI holders for account openings?
2. What has been your recent experience with this process?
3. Are there specific requirements or obstacles that I should be aware of?

Additionally, if anyone else is currently in the process of purchasing real estate and would like to meet for a coffee, I’m happy to meet anytime next week.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Alex

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding banking in Buenos Aires and was hoping to hear from someone with recent experience.

**Background Information:**
I am a non-resident but hold a CDI, and I’m planning to purchase real estate in the next month or two. In preparation for this, I want to open a bank account, but I’m unsure which banks in Buenos Aires currently allow non-residents with a CDI to do so.

**Questions:**
1. Does anyone know which banks are currently accepting non-resident CDI holders for account openings?
2. What has been your recent experience with this process?
3. Are there specific requirements or obstacles that I should be aware of?

Additionally, if anyone else is currently in the process of purchasing real estate and would like to meet for a coffee, I’m happy to meet anytime next week.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Alex
Hi! Sorry but I can´t answer your question. Can I ask you though how you got your CDI? Did you have to apply in person in Argentina, or could you do it from abroad? And how long did it take you, what were the steps? Thanks in advance for answering!

I have an appointment on Monday with AFIP in BA, so I assume I will get it the same day. I got my Certificate de Domicillo from the local police station, which was just me. I used ChatGPT to create a lease for my short-term rental, and that was fine for them. The CDI is a one-sheet form that looks straightforward. I was reading that you can have a notary do the paperwork for the CDI for you as well.

I have an appointment on Monday with AFIP in BA, so I assume I will get it the same day. I got my Certificate de Domicillo from the local police station, which was just me. I used ChatGPT to create a lease for my short-term rental, and that was fine for them. The CDI is a one-sheet form that looks straightforward. I was reading that you can have a notary do the paperwork for the CDI for you as well.
Thanks. If you are a non-resident, do you need to show AFIP a Certificate de Domicilio?

Quick update. I was in and out in 10 minutes at Afip on Monday. brought the certificate de domicile from the local police station and got my CDI number. I didn't realize until today that AFIP is shut down starting today.

Back