Insanity and the death of business investment

ghost said:
http://en.mercopress.com/2010/10/26...nizations-react-to-profit-sharing-with-unions
Moyano is nuts, mafioso SOB. Is it just me or does this sound like the kiss of death for any future investor in AR?

I've been following this closely ever since this psycho announced it at a rally speech (attended by the President and hubby).

I doubt this will pass but if it does you might as well chalk up Argentina as THE LAST place any company will invest and I guarantee that most foreign companies will leave (I know because I have talked to a lot of their U.S. based Mgmt)

Wow. Just wow.

ETA - the article was a little unclear. Are they proposing mandatory profit-sharing for all companies over 300 employees? Or only companies with over 300 union employees?

ghost said:
http://en.mercopress.com/2010/10/26...nizations-react-to-profit-sharing-with-unions
Moyano is nuts, mafioso SOB. Is it just me or does this sound like the kiss of death for any future investor in AR?

It has always been thus Ghost..even for good honest folk (like me) who tried to initiate profit sharing as a bonus scheme in 2003...there was no way to do it without thereby upping the 13th salary also so we had to work a complicated scheme of partial payments versus actual payments spread over multiple months..for a government who purports to support employee interests I can honestly say after 6 years of business here, (nearly 7), the only interest they support is that of recaudacion for Afip to bolster their own election campaign funds. It is as you say a kiss of death for future investors..I am actively restructring my business so that the HQ moves to Brazil where we have had nothing but a harmonious setup for years where the govt seems to want companies who employ people and pay their taxes and recognizes private enterprise as healthy to any country's sucess!

Good discussion. To get a picture of the situation in Argentina just imagine the U.S. mafia and the teamsters union under Jimmy Hoffa not only are working together but also running the government for their own benefit. How much longer can this go on before there is a major meltdown? Not to long in my opinion and 2011-12 should be very interesting. The article linked below describes the problems that will likely occur.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-26/surging-inflation-spurs-debt-concern-in-2012-swaps-show-argentina-credit.html

I would like to live through a major meltdown, just to experience it and tell my grandkids

AkBill said:
I would like to live through a major meltdown, just to experience it and tell my grandkids

Well, you can live that exprerince, just move to the US, it is comming...

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, you can live that exprerince, just move to the US, it is comming...
Maybe but I doubt that it will be as soon as you suggest. In this case "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

There is a bigger game in play as the Creature from Jekyll Island is alive and well.

I meant it ghost. If you have a crisis and you keep spending a lot of money in several wars and your magic solution is to print money...it already happened here, it is predictable no matter what lie the politician says.

Printing money produces inflation. So, the end of the crisis isn´t close.

The facts are that the US rise from the 29´crisis using Keynes "new deal". Argentina did the same after 2001 crisis. 2 successful cases.

Why keeping on the same path that created crisis will change things?
Obama´s plan about to invest on education is related to Keynes ideas, but he is not cutting expeditures drastically.

Back