What fresh insanity is this?

flyingkiwi

Registered
So, I read the Buenos Aires Herald online this morning and see a comment in the first headline about a singer critising the mayor over the set up of an 0800 number to nark on political activities in schools?

Is this for real? An 0800 number?

I really hope something has been lost in translation.

flyingkiwi said:
So, I read the Buenos Aires Herald online this morning and see a comment in the first headline about a singer critising the mayor over the set up of an 0800 number to nark on political activities in schools?

Is this for real? An 0800 number?

I really hope something has been lost in translation.

Yup all real.

Party of the National government sends in operatives to public schools to indoctrinate kids at the same time they start to garner support for a bill to lower the voting age to 16. City Government (opposition party) sets up a hotline to denounce it.

This is not insanity.....this is ARGENTINA!

But...but...but...How can this be?
Doesn't this reek of the bad old days of the 1970s and 80s?

"to nark on political activities in schools"
Please translate "nark" Would nark be a snitch in something more than slanguage?

Many parents have sent notes to the school stating that if campora shows up , that their children are prohibited from hearing the bullshit they have come to attempt to brainwash the children with.

I only hope the phone number provided rings of the hook. However , a judge on ckf payroll has deemed it illegal. OMG what next. Going to Cordaba for a week to get away from the insanity.

Man my head's spinning with all this. There has to something new every freakin' weak. I have lived in countries with dictatorships most of my life (Saudi Arabia, UAE) but I have to say that they were GREAT (well, Saudi Arabia sucks no matter what but the UAE was better) compared to the crap that is pulled every freakin' day here!

Enough already!

flyingkiwi said:
But...but...but...How can this be?
Doesn't this reek of the bad old days of the 1970s and 80s?

Nope. Way older than that. Try Peron's first government unofficial "comissars".

The people working "La Camporajugend" are doing it on your dime. They have no business doing it.

Teach pluralism and let every political party have their shot at explaning their platforms to the older students, not they ingenuos.

Give vote to those with responsibilities.

cbonanni said:
However , a judge on ckf payroll has deemed it illegal. OMG what next. Going to Cordaba for a week to get away from the insanity.

the phone line or la campora in schools?

Back