(Intensive) Tango Lessons?

mariano-BCN

Registered
I'm arriving Thursday and looking for a female tango-partner to take lessons. I'm shorty, only 1,67 cm, that's important to mention. And I took last year some lessons, I'm though not very advanced.

Wrong approach. Go to classes and practize with different girls. I suggest el beso, there are clases at 8.30 Mo, We, Fri and Sun. Go to Sunderland Mo and We at 8 for Carlitos Perez class. Avoid Villa Malcolm, La Viruta and La Ideal. Regards

I did last year El Beso, the woman, I forgot her name, the teacher is a full representative of the mala onda porteña: very grumpy, very rude to anybody.

I did last year El Beso, the woman, I forgot her name, the teacher is a full representative of the mala onda porteña: very grumpy, very rude to anybody.

Perhaps, but they teach you to dance on the dance floor (without crashing everybody), cero bullshit to show off. After learning with them, you can dance in any milonga and women want to dance with you again.
Regards

Hi Mariano - I may be interested. How advanced are you? Intermediate level?

I generally like the classes of La Academia in el beso though. However, you should try different places and stick to the ones you like, if you do not like el beso, then do not go there.

Wrong approach. Go to classes and practize with different girls.

Yes and no. You learn from dancing with many different women. However, I acknowledge I would like to know someone I could dance more intensively with, just because this allows for more experimentation. You are not going to experiment in classes or milongas. Right now I am taking some private classes with female teachers for this.

[
Avoid Villa Malcolm.

What don't you like about classes at Villa Malcolm? Which night, group and instructor are you thinking of? I like "El Motivo's" progressive courses and practica on Mondays. After the intermediates and advanced, there's a milonga. I think the beginners' is scheduled on Tuesdays. Then on Fridays, there's another group with its own name and instructors. I don't know the latter.

[
What don't you like about classes at Villa Malcolm? Which night, group and instructor are you thinking of? I like "El Motivo's" progressive courses and practica on Mondays. After the intermediates and advanced, there's a milonga. I think the beginners' is scheduled on Tuesdays. Then on Fridays, there's another group with its own name and instructors. I don't know the latter.

In BA it makes no sense to learn from young people, try to take clases with the old ones like Carlitos Perez, Parejita, El pibe Sarandi, Elina Roldan. Even they usually travel abroad, here they teach different because if you don t like it, they don t care. They teach what you need not what you want.

Regards

I've visited several classes now and one thing I know for sure: the more tourists there are the more crap the lesson. Avoid places like La Viruta, la Catedral, El Beso, places in San Telmo, etc. Theses places are awful expensive and teachers want only one thing: money. They don't care about taking good care of you, teaching how to walk or dance tango.
Some of them are so rude like this woman from El Beso.

Back