Interested in interest

John Doe

Registered
I read that Argentina banks are paying 23.70 % interest on savings accounts. That's about 22.60 % more than EEUU banks.
What's the catch ?.

I read that Argentina banks are paying 23.70 % interest on savings accounts. That's about 22.60 % more than EEUU banks.
What's the catch ?.
No catch .. elementary, deduct the yearly inflation and you earn perhaps the same, or less than in the EEUU...:rolleyes: If the Inflation exceeds 23.7 % correct you lost money

Last edited:
john doe, its probably bad info. government bonds before the election were going for 10%. after the election with macri cleaning up the volcher fund problem, the new bonds sold at 7%. i am no finanical guy but that would be very high risk money. Savings and loan of 1986 or like mexico before that.

What's the catch ?.

I guess you heard about fixed deposits, and not regular savings accounts. As Rich One has mentioned, you won't win much because of inflation.

thanks guy’s. F D I C not insured. in the eeuu the government backs the banks approved by them. You might be investing in a subprime lending bank. no promise of return if all goes bad.

Back