Interesting rip off by a forum user - mercadolibre

It was definitely a reader of this forum, because my original post was the only place it could be found on the internet until I went to Mercadolibre. It's kind of disheartening that an expat would do that. What happens when some excited person buys it on mercado libre? I always assumed that we were a breed apart - which is why I preferred to sell it on the forum.

I met a guy on here who turned out to be a seasoned con artist, so.... really I'm not sure this crowd is as pure as some might like to think...!!

If I had been thinking correctly, I should have created another mercadolibre account that didn't have Sam3G attached to it, and 'bought' my own bici on mercado libre.

when I was searching for a car on ML, I happened to find a couple of different ads for different cars ( same model different year ) but with same pictures. So I asked one of them why the pictures are the same as another older listing, He/She replied back to me that it is allowed for the sellers to use other pictures on their listings.. what a crap...

Was he selling the bike for the same price or a little bit higher?

I mean, i understand why you get mad, bu if he pays you the 3800 that you are asking for, and then resells it for, let's say, 4500... what would be your problem?

Selling a house doesn't work like this? You have a house to sell, so this guys finds you a buyer, sells it for a price that both you and the salesman get money out of it.

maybe i'm missing the part where he wasn't going to pay you at all...

Reactions: tez
tez said:
So it's another expat then!?!?! Wow, I had truthfully assumed otherwise... interesting!

Yeah, what do you know! Sometimes non Argentines can be thieves too! :rolleyes:

we' ve seen some recently ... fellow expats capitalizing on the exposure of this site, orchestrating scams and posting phonnie job-offer-adds.

Nahuel said:
Was he selling the bike for the same price or a little bit higher?

I mean, i understand why you get mad, bu if he pays you the 3800 that you are asking for, and then resells it for, let's say, 4500... what would be your problem?

Selling a house doesn't work like this? You have a house to sell, so this guys finds you a buyer, sells it for a price that both you and the salesman get money out of it.

maybe i'm missing the part where he wasn't going to pay you at all...

Because that's opportunistic bullshit! Sam3g was good enough to post it here first, with some inkling of trust from the people he has been conversing with instead of being a miser looking just to make a profit.

If I have something to sell, I will sell it to people I associate with first - for a lower cost because I think that someone may need, and appreciate what I got to sell. If there are no takers, then I post it in an anonymous billboard and raise the price because there will always be someone looking to bargain against the price I am asking.

The point is Sam3g did not solicit the "aid" of some grubby handed jackal to sell his gear. That was just dirty business.

Back