Internal Flights

Any idea where it would say that on the LAN site? I've gone as far as I possibly can without putting in a credit card number, and no where does it tell me that these are resident fares.

right, when you first go to lan dot com however doesn't it ask your country of residence? once you do that it doesn't ask again... top right hand of webpage where it says argentina, click on that and up pops the country of residence page. its hit or miss, like people say if they check your id and you're not mercosur, they will charge you the difference.

I've done that previously, but in this case I came in through a Google ad, and wasn't asked my residency at any point.

Where can I find information on resident fares? Flights to Santiago are really subsidized? I understand why the government would want to make it more feasible to travel within Argentina, but what's its incentive to send people to another country?

not sure where in the fine print to look. maybe swing by a lan office in town and ask. i'd say call but, you know that won't work... its a mercosur thing anyway this discount.. remember its not more expensive for foreigners, its discounted for mercosur residents ;-)

I flew to Chile a couple of weeks ago with an argentine friend, we booked the tickets with LAN, using my foreign credit card and paying the resident price (which was ALOT cheaper than the foreigner price)... and we checked in at the airport, including lots of luggage... and there was no problem or extra charges for me although I don't have a DNI or residency... :)

When booking online you are asked for a credit card number. At that point won't they be able to tell that your credit card is issued in another country and jack the price up?

Back