International moving companies: need recommendations

porteña

Registered
Hello!
I am organizing my move from California to Buenos Aires in the upcoming weeks and I would like to know about any affordable, reliable international moving companies that people on this forum (particularly, folks coming here from the US) have used. I am an Argentine repat and am bringing mainly books (lots of them) and clothes.
Thanks so much for any comments!!

And I am interested in only door-to-door service, so that they take care of all the paperwork, especially on the Bs.As. side...

Years ago we used Lift Van International. They were efficient and professional. When we arrived in BA all we had to do was hand out our passports to the employee sent to collect them.

We used Lift Van too. But only on this end. They were the partner of the company we used in Europe. They were very good & professional.

Thanks a lot again!
I am posting the follow-up in case it can be helpful to someone in the future:
I called them up and it is indeed more expensive to send the stuff through them than to pay the extra weight charge with the airline, as I have too little stuff (well, compared to moving a whole house).
They also gave me another idea: contact www.tnt.com, as they do ship packages that weigh more than 50 kgs. My next step...

I'm glad you at least got a lead from them. Hope that works out for you.

Hello!
I read that some of you were asking about international moving companies for moves back to the US. Could you please send me any info you may have?
We used BA International from US, but would be interested in using another company this time.
Thanks, Nora

S48 said:
Hello!
I read that some of you were asking about international moving companies for moves back to the US. Could you please send me any info you may have?
We used BA International from US, but would be interested in using another company this time.
Thanks, Nora

Lift Van is the name of the company both Sara & I used, mentioned above.

Back