International Travel at a bargain price!!

fred mertz

Registered
Imagine being able to take a cruise to an exotic land for almost nothing? I saw a poster for an round trip cruise to fastastic Colonia, Uruguay on the fast Colonia Express boat for only $98.00 return. I did read that it was only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through 31 August. I didn't see any-
thing about other restrictions, which may exist.

It's cheap to get to Colonia for a reason. From Buenos Aires it's basically crossing a river.

Haha, "fantastic Colonia". I realize those two words + "international travel" fall within the parameters of reality, but for sure that's not what I think of when I think of "international travel at a bargain price" from BA...

fred mertz said:
Imagine being able to take a cruise to an exotic land for almost nothing? I saw a poster for an round trip cruise to fastastic Colonia, Uruguay on the fast Colonia Express boat for only $98.00 return. I did read that it was only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through 31 August. I didn't see any-
thing about other restrictions, which may exist.

Colonia, THE exotic destination, coconut trees, yukulele :p All of this for a dime on a super speedy boat. For as low as 98$ return Tue/Wed through aug 31st (restrictions may apply).

I don't see any irony in this post, who does?

My comments were sarcastic. I was to Colonia once, probably 89 days after I moved to BA, years ago. If things get really bad financially I'll probably have to go there again by boat. A rowboat that I borrow or steal.
I did contact the folks at Colonia Express. As of 16:30 today, 02/08, the only day that was available at the $98.00 price is 17/08 with 10 seats. Sounds odd. Included in the price is breakfast on the boat, a 1 hour walking tour and IVA. That's the good news. The bad news is that the 1 hour boat ride leaves BA at 08:00 and returns at 20:45; a rather long day, but the price is right. Bon Voyage

Back