Interpreter (Spanish - English) for hire? Any leads?

torquey

Registered
Hola!

Soy de los Estados Unidos.

Now I've been here for about five months and although my Spanish is far better than when I came I am far from fluent. I'm looking for someone that can help me navigate a couple of places and phone calls.

I have Swiss Medical insurance here but am not able to communicate with them (past the basics, unfortunately, I don't know any medical palabras) because they have no English speaking folks there. To be honest, this seemed a little far fetched. A company as large as they are with no one that speaks English? But I asked a couple of times in person and that's what I was told. I'm not on a fluency level that would allow me to work through a phone call or even a sit down, face to face meeting with regard to a couple of medical questions. I'm looking to get my prescriptions (from the US) refilled, make an appointment at the eye doctor, and better understand the refund system for prescriptions (I'm pre-diabetic and take Ozempic to treat my A1C, and it gets expensive).

I also had a package sent to me from the US. It's just a few things from home, like a little practice guitar amp and a pair of headphones. Its been stuck in customs for almost two weeks with no status change - just "Held in Customs" on their site as well as the USPS. I've made it far enough to find the tracking number on the Correos website, but any further than that and I'm pretty much sunk. I'd love to call them or go to their office and see what's going on, but that's above my grasp of Spanish.

Any ideas or referrals from folks you've hired? Also, any idea what a fair amount to pay would be as well? I want to make it worth their time.

Thanks in advance!

I know someone with lots of experience successfully navigating all of the above challenges that you are facing. I've sent you a private message with my contact info.

Any luck so far?, otherwise I could help for free if only telephone talks are involved, not personal classes.

Hola!

Soy de los Estados Unidos.

Now I've been here for about five months and although my Spanish is far better than when I came I am far from fluent. I'm looking for someone that can help me navigate a couple of places and phone calls.

I have Swiss Medical insurance here but am not able to communicate with them (past the basics, unfortunately, I don't know any medical palabras) because they have no English speaking folks there. To be honest, this seemed a little far fetched. A company as large as they are with no one that speaks English? But I asked a couple of times in person and that's what I was told. I'm not on a fluency level that would allow me to work through a phone call or even a sit down, face to face meeting with regard to a couple of medical questions. I'm looking to get my prescriptions (from the US) refilled, make an appointment at the eye doctor, and better understand the refund system for prescriptions (I'm pre-diabetic and take Ozempic to treat my A1C, and it gets expensive).

I also had a package sent to me from the US. It's just a few things from home, like a little practice guitar amp and a pair of headphones. Its been stuck in customs for almost two weeks with no status change - just "Held in Customs" on their site as well as the USPS. I've made it far enough to find the tracking number on the Correos website, but any further than that and I'm pretty much sunk. I'd love to call them or go to their office and see what's going on, but that's above my grasp of Spanish.

Any ideas or referrals from folks you've hired? Also, any idea what a fair amount to pay would be as well? I want to make it worth their time.

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I'm a Spanish teacher. Send me a message if you are still in need for help.

Back