interview tips..

Katie159

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for teaching interviews...i am completely new to teaching english...i have the TEFL course and all of that but I am a little worried about the interviews (and the teaching but I have to get through this bit first)...as I have not taught before I have no idea what to expect! Any advice would be happily recieved!!

Hi Katie159,

I've interviewed for several different kinds of teaching positions and the main thing that surprised me was that almost all of my interviews were conducted in Spanish. As soon as the interviewer knew I was a native English speaker he or she wasn't concerned about testing my English skills. You don't mention how good your Spanish is, but I would try practicing interviews in Spanish just in case. Otherwise, all of my interviews were very straight forward: how much experience (side note: I had basically zero when I started), how long I was staying in Argentina, why I wanted to be here, etc. Of course, this is just my experience and other people may have different opinions.

Mucha suerte and let me know if you have any other questions!

Took a TEFL course and we were taught- "All interviews should be in ENGLISH. If not, move on."

You don't need to worry about anything. If they want an interview, you already have a job. They usually start off with an offer of a couple of classes and then see how you do. If they ask you to prepare a lesson for the interview, just bring one that you did for your TEFL course.

Before you know it, you will be turning down classes.

suerte

Back