Interview With Guardian Correspondent In Buenos Aires

Anyone know if Uki's books are in ebook formats anywhere? i've looked on amazon with no luck.

One could say by denying public advertisement money and forcing companies to remove adverts from clarin is an attempt to control the content of the paper and thus censorship.

Also the additional fight of denying alternative income through different forms of media etc is again an attempt to control the content.

You're right about that one. I had forgotten. Thanks!

ejcot:

It looks like El infiltrado is available for free on Uki's website:

http://ukigoni.com/infiltrado/Uki-Goni-EL-INFILTRADO.pdf

Very interest interview. While I dont agree with his political views, and agree with some critics he has recieved from his book about the nazis and Peron (and no, Im not peronist nor say that that is a lie), as well as what happens with Cox, you cant deny how important the Herald have been in those years and what they did with Madres.

Interest what he says about Clarin and La Nacion during the period. And how people in the US embassy told them to "fuck Human Rights".

That was the US embassy under the Reaganites. Under Jimmy Carter, his assistant Secretary of State Patricia Derian, and embassy officer Tex Harris, the embassy was very outspoken against the junta. The truly disgusting figure of the Reagan era was Jeane Kirkpatrick, who snuggled up to the Proceso.

Derian later came to Buenos Aires to testify against Videla & Co.

Didnt know that. I knew there was a big change from Reagan to Carter, in fact, it was only under Carter that they allowed the Comision de Derechos Humanos in 1979 to come here.

Still, the Plan Condor and the participation of the US in these dictatorships is pretty obvious.

Back