Invest In Parking Lot

Why stop at car parking. There are several locations in Tigre and Nordelta that have boat lockers for sale for the price of a modest car (~140K pesos). These can units can be rented out in a pool or directly. There are loads of boats in BA and surounding areas and a lack of public marinas. Also the clientel can afford a boat, then they can afford the rent, and are looking for a safe place to store it when not in use.
I've talked with a few people who've bough into these boat locker and are pleased with their investement. I'm seriously considering it myself.

All stupid investments

The problem is that any investment that is "sold" as such is probably not going to be a big win. You need to go one step up the supply chain in order to find the guy making the money. When you buy a parking space, the guy making the money is the developer who sells you the space. If you want to make the big money, you need to buy the land and develop it yourself. Then you're the guy selling the "great investment" to all the downline investors who want to make a return.

Same deal with the boat parking. I invested in one of those spaces in Tigre because I wanted to be able to park my own boat there at some point. But I am under no illusion that this is going to be a great investment. Its a great investment for the guy who sold me the space.

If I were to invest in a parking garage, something I've thought about, I'd place a bet on the Belgrano norte and try to find a lot adjacent to the planed station of Panamericana (1500 spaces already being developed by the lead developer) or one near the existing station of boulange

http://www.perfil.com/sociedad/Comienza-la-obra-del-centro-de-trasbordo-en-la-Panamericana-20140802-0072.html.

They are selling the muelles hard -- the problem with boats vs cars is that then you really are well into the luxury market -- the luxury market can make great returns, but it's also the first market to suffer when the economy sours -- people will dump their boats well before they dump their cars

A Porteño businessman friend said the land alone in CABA would cost 800K for a parking lot.he believes one would need about us1 million to build (including the property). That's a lot more than buying an apartment! But yes, the ongoing expenses are minimal. Althomgenerally viewd as profitable I do have anecdotal experience of someone trying to rent out her parking spot and it took her months to find a taker. Maybe she was asking too much.

The problem is that any investment that is "sold" as such is probably not going to be a big win. You need to go one step up the supply chain in order to find the guy making the money. When you buy a parking space, the guy making the money is the developer who sells you the space. If you want to make the big money, you need to buy the land and develop it yourself. Then you're the guy selling the "great investment" to all the downline investors who want to make a return.

Same deal with the boat parking. I invested in one of those spaces in Tigre because I wanted to be able to park my own boat there at some point. But I am under no illusion that this is going to be a great investment. Its a great investment for the guy who sold me the space.
Absolutely, ideally this is a great way to go, but for a first-step, and with only pesos to do it with; this seemed like a way to offset the continuous inflation instead of liquid assets. I wouldn't even call it an investment so much as a bit of real-estate that I could leverage.
I'd get one for my own use too, but these units are fine for power boats...not so much for sailboats. Anyone developing a public marina would sell get 100% occupancy sold within the first hour. Lot's and lots of long waiting lists at the private clubs (with too much expense and BS).

I have an acquaintance in Flores that owns a parking lot and runs it with only two employees. The space is uncovered, which is bad if it rains and people are looking for a garage with a roof. He said garages are worth around $1 million US. In the beginning it would seem like a sound investment but then you start thinking about the logistics. You pay for the initial investment in dollars, charge people $30 pesos an hour to park their car, and when you decide to sell it you will probably lose money on the dollar/peso exchange rate.

In 2007 when I was still living in NYC I served as a juror in the trial of Vincent Basciano a.k.a."Vinny Gorgeous".
He was the head of the Bonanno Crime family. One of the ways to raise money was to extort protection money from Manhattan parking lots.
They would demand money from the Parking lot owners. If they didn't pay they would send several "associates" during the night.
Pick several expensive cars at random and set them on fire after totally trashing them with baseball bats.
The parking lot owners would always pay protection $$$ after that.
Invest in Parking lots ???. No thank you.

http://en.wikipedia....incent_Basciano

Back