Investigation To Be Launched, Will The Sec Cooperate?

The Argentine government suffers from delusions of grandeur and an over inflated idea of
significance in world affairs. I don't know if they did anything wrong or not, but if our government
and European governments can't give Wall Street firms more than a slap on the wrist I really
struggle to see what else besides a distraction this is meant to be.

Hard for me to answer you about the first part since you are Argentine if I recall and I'm not -yet-. But still, despite all the critics that could Argentina likely deserves (too much corruption, a "certain lack" of reliability, etc.), no government should lower the pants, even when facing a superpower.

I've no idea if there's really ground to use this angle of attack or if it's just some kind of bragging, my guess is that Kicillof knows what he's doing (can be criticized, but it can't be denied that he's smart).

The power those private entities have over the world, and even the US, is indeed amazing now. I have no idea how things can be changed (likely from inside the US, thanks the majority of US taxpayers who may realize some day that things have gone way too far, against their own interests).

I'm of course idealistic & one of my favorite mottos is "Hope is not necessary to engagement, nor success to perseverance" (William of Orange).

If at some point, some people did not try to do what was considered impossible... Then most of our ancestors on this forum would still be wiping horse's butts for some Lords, women wouldn't have the right to vote (they didn't even have a soul until the 19th century).

After all, who would have said 40 years ago that the Americans would elect a black/mixed blood guy as President?

Let's hope!

Hard for me to answer you about the first part since you are Argentine if I recall and I'm not -yet-. But still, despite all the critics that could Argentina likely deserves (too much corruption, a "certain lack" of reliability, etc.), no government should lower the pants, even when facing a superpower.

I've no idea if there's really ground to use this angle of attack or if it's just some kind of bragging, my guess is that Kicillof knows what he's doing (can be criticized, but it can't be denied that he's smart).

The power those private entities have over the world, and even the US, is indeed amazing now. I have no idea how things can be changed (likely from inside the US, thanks the majority of US taxpayers who may realize some day that things have gone way too far, against their own interests).

I'm of course idealistic & one of my favorite mottos is "Hope is not necessary to engagement, nor success to perseverance" (William of Orange).

If at some point, some people did not try to do what was considered impossible... Then most of our ancestors on this forum would still be wiping horse's butts for some Lords, women wouldn't have the right to vote (they didn't even have a soul until the 19th century).

After all, who would have said 40 years ago that the Americans would elect a black/mixed blood guy as President?

Let's hope!

I'm American-Canadian (by birth only since my whole family is American anyways)

I don't think any government or entity should either, but I think it's a waste of capital both in currency terms (the pesos/dollars to do such a thing) and time where government resources could be used in better forms.

My point was like the one dennisr made, our own government (Congress) and the DA for Lower Manhattan can't get more than money out of these entities when they do wrong so what makes Argentina think it can hold them to account when we've failed.

I think we should try as Americans to reform Wall Street, but my criticism is that what Argentina is doing is pure optics and bad ones at that since nothing will come of it.

You can loose all your battles but still win the war, Argentina seems to be forgetting this. Winning the war is gaining access to foreign capital markets again at reasonable interest rates along with foreign investment for Vacca Muerta.

Back