Investing in YPF

Redpossum

Registered
Yeah yeah, going to draw a lot of the knee jerk hating on Argentina responses, not interested in those.

Are any of you investing in YPF, or at least watching it?
Are any of you selling covered calls?

on the NYSE i presume?

i'm not so much a buy an hold investor except for in my retirement accounts. but among the o&g stocks there are many other better companies worth investing in i think, like OXY or XOM

I invest in YPF on a regular basis...about 180 kilos of LP at a time.

Also smaller garrafas of 10 kilos which icreased in price from $900 to $1200 pesos last week.

Still a bargain at less tha $4,00 USD...compared to over $30,00 USD in the USA.

So is YPF nafta (gasoline) at less than $2.00 USD per gallon as of last week.

Attachments

• P1010982.JPG
    P1010982.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I invest in YPF on a regular basis...about 180 kilos of LP at a time.

Also smaller garrafas of 10 kilos which icreased in price from $900 to $1200 pesos last week.

Still a bargain at less tha $4,00 USD...compared to over $30,00 USD in the USA.

So is YPF nafta (gasoline) at less than $2.00 USD per gallon as of last week.

Steve, my sincere gratitude. That made me literally laugh out loud.

Yeah yeah, going to draw a lot of the knee jerk hating on Argentina responses, not interested in those.

It was rated a buy or strong buy on Zacks for months. (Changed to hold in last few days) and up nearly 300% since 52 week low of 2.82 in july

Surprised of it's rapid ascent given it was deprived of dollars for investing/paying down debt, and with government involvement in company.

When you're the government's cash cow you can blast through a lot of the safety and permitting requirements. You can also get fast tracked to accessof dollars for imports of materials you need. You can also get preferential treatment for takeaway.

When you're the government's cash cow you can blast through a lot of the safety and permitting requirements. You can also get fast tracked to accessof dollars for imports of materials you need. You can also get preferential treatment for takeaway.

Please see the first line of my initial post in this thread...

Yes.

I started accumulating a few months ago - I have a dollar cost average of $3.91 for YPF. It has gone straight up since then, while most of my portfolio is getting crushed.

I expect a bull market for Latin American assets over the next 5 years. Maybe things go lower or sideways for a bit, especially in Argentina, but I've been accumulating stocks due to on-shoring in Mexico and the commodity disruption in Ukraine / Russia benefiting commodity producers in South America.

I know the governments of these countries are corrupt, left wing, etc, but I think the macro trends will be too strong.

I don't sell or buy options, just spot invest.

YPF is a big winner due to the Vaca Muerta fields. There are, however, two huge clouds hanging over YPF. There are two major lawsuits in the US Courts. One is about environmental damage in the USA, and the penalties could be several billion dollars, in which case YPF may go bankrupt. The other lawsuit also involves billions of dollars, not pesos, and it has to do with the way the Kirchner's expropriated YPF. If both lawsuits go against YPF, you may see the stock prices drop again to below $3. Good luck with investing in it.

Back