Investing in YPF

There are, however, two huge clouds hanging over YPF. One is about environmental damage in the USA, and the penalties could be several billion dollars, in which case YPF may go bankrupt.
I’ve never heard of any environmental damages cause by YPF in the USA…where did this happen…?

me either, but i found this. looks like it's a case about who is responsible for sins of the past in a company YPF purchased

me either, but i found this. looks like it's a case about who is responsible for sins of the past in a company YPF purchased

STS7049: you are a good researcher!

Precisely part of the reason that the stock has been so cheap. It's gone up 170% the past 6 months and is still at a P/E of 2.67. Of course there is significant risk that comes with it.

Latam stocks have been hated for the past 5 years, with some notable exceptions like Meli.

I'm buying now and selling when CNBC runs stories in a few years like "Jim Cramer's Favorite South American Stocks"

Questions been asked of the nearly 1 million USD paid for a report in the maxis pollution case

Still running higher

BA Expats is like Jim Cramer, whatever the consensus is, do the opposite.
Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 10.07.11 PM.png

GuruFocus today gives YPF an intrinsic value of $7.49 and classes it as significantly overvalued. YPF is currently trading at $12.15 per share, with a market cap of $4.80 billion.

Back